Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unerxai

UNX02: Underground (Vanilla)

This is the sequel to a vanilla map simply called "UNX01" I made in 2016. Yeah that's three years away from Doom mapping. It replaces map02 of Doom 2 and has difficulty levels.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

w11vKrrl.pngJyMYiX3l.pngaN22Kl2l.pngppJFYiZl.pngCblrHaml.png2WBEaaTl.pngRSCFXYtl.pngidorWMZl.png

Download:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/s-u/unx02

Walkthrough video (don't watch if you don't want the secrets spoiled, etc.)

Anyway let me know what you guys think.

Edited by UNERXAi : Updated link

I like what I see in screenshots #2,3, 5, 6,and 8   You've got a nice mixture of tech, sewer and dungeon going on there.

Very nice level. It's kinda easy on UV but it's fine like that and it would fit very well for an early slot in a mapset, maybe at the BK you can have a bigger closet instead of using only a single chaingunner. The plasmarifle room is the standout encounter, the simple light effect was neat. The duo of pain elementals at the soulsphere was another good encounter, you can spice it up a bit if one PE teleport at the door so you can't escape so easily. Past the yellow door there's a linear shooting gallery of low tiers to kill but it was very fun.

Good point about the PE fight being easy to escape. Gotta tweak that. Thanks for the feedback!

I liked that map, it was fun. The layout and detail was nicely done. Gamplay felt bitt easy, i wouldn't be afraid to put some harder enemies to the later part of the map. I also record first playtrough of the map and i hope you will enjoy that. Good job and keep it up.

Thanks man. I'll definitely increase the difficulty for my next levels. This was supposed to be a classic early "warm up" level.

The final version is already on idgames and features the removal of a lot of medkits (it's still pretty easy though) among other minor changes.

Thanks to everyone who played it.

That video made me notice a couple of things I hadn't seen before. Good stuff! Thanks for playing.

I enjoyed this; just a nice bite-sized bit of Doom with good action and visuals, though slightly easy on HMP.    I really liked your secrets (missed the backpack on the first play through) and your texturing of the level (with the exception of the Gray7 doors--they just didn't work for me as doors, I think if you used one of the more panel like Gray textures or an Ickwall texture in Gray7's place it would have been better).   Combat was pretty good with excellent barrel placement (very satisfying barrel placement honestly) though the eastern imp office was a bit of a letdown with them being unable to move in any way--still it's a fun map and I look forward to what you have next.

^Thanks man, I appreciate it. UNX03 is in the works and this time the difficulty will be higher for sure.

I played both maps. I did enjoy each level but I do have criticism. I think the usage of hit scans at distance can be quite combersome to the experience. I think a higher level threat such as a hell knight and supplying something like an SSG early on would be a welcome improvement on UV. The best example I can give would be the chaingunners at the top of the stairs in the imp cubes and on the first map the chaingunners in the small window across the damaging water. The autoaim just didn't want to cooperate resulting in some deaths because there was simply too much in the way. Otherwise really well designed imo. 

23 hours ago, Suitepee said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/410481821

Playtested this FIFTH in my most recent livestream. A decent map overall.

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Odorousbag87 said:

I played both maps. I did enjoy each level but I do have criticism. I think the usage of hit scans at distance can be quite combersome to the experience. I think a higher level threat such as a hell knight and supplying something like an SSG early on would be a welcome improvement on UV. The best example I can give would be the chaingunners at the top of the stairs in the imp cubes and on the first map the chaingunners in the small window across the damaging water. The autoaim just didn't want to cooperate resulting in some deaths because there was simply too much in the way. Otherwise really well designed imo. 

Fair enough. Those Chaingunners in the first level can definitely be annoying. An easy way to deal with them is to get the rad suit so you can get close and kill them all easily (it's sort of cryptically hinted in the text file), but I understand that's not something most people will do in their first or second attempt. Thanks for playing and it's cool that you played the first one. I thought no one would give a shit about it at this point heh.