Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Which movie/show did eternal rip the "he's over there, I see him" line from?

What makes you think it was taken from a movie/show? I think it was created specifically for Eternal.

Even if there's a show/movie that shows that line, it could be a coincidence, I think.

Eternal got it from Nuke Mine, which got it from Laura Beyer's Doom, and pretty much all the sounds in that just seem to be the kind of thing you'd hear when someone got a microphone for their computer for the first time. If you head to the bottom of the comments section in the second link, you can find a download, but you're really not missing much.

3 hours ago, SiFi270 said:

Eternal got it from Nuke Mine, which got it from Laura Beyer's Doom, and pretty much all the sounds in that just seem to be the kind of thing you'd hear when someone got a microphone for their computer for the first time. If you head to the bottom of the comments section in the second link, you can find a download, but you're really not missing much.

I would have to guess that they actually came from the demo release which iirc was E1M9 - the mansion - and was eventually uploaded to /idgames @ https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/g-i/hauntedp. It's interesting that Laura takes credit for it in the TXT when LBDOOM's actual package credits two underlings - Kody Zander and Darryl Dewald - as doing the majority of the level work.

If you're talking about Eternal (Alexander S., who made Epic 2, and indeed has those half-invisible enemies that say "Over there, I see him"), I believe the sound clip actually comes from another WAD... Eternal Doom. I think the zombie enemies mutter those phrases.

Not too sure, though.

No. we're talking about Eternal Doom.

Alexander S. took the line ("Over there, I see him") from Eternal Doom, wich took it from Nuke Mine wich came from Laura Beyer's Doom.