Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

This [thread title] is fucking awful

The Leafs have gone 2-5-0 in their last 7 games, lost 3 - 0 tonight against the Predators, and have been scored on a total of 26 times over the past 5 games. For five straight games, they've given up the first goal. Their defense has been rate shit ever since Jake Gardiner went down with a back injury last month, and none of their current defensive players (sans Mitch Marner, who plays right wing, which isn't even a defensive position, but he's amazing at playing defensively, but I digress) have been worth their salt. When the Leafs signed John Tavares, everyone in Canada was saying that this would be the year they'd win the cup. I cautioned people not to be overly optimistic, but I at least figured they'd get reasonably far into the playoffs. At the rate they're playing now, they're probably going to get creamed in the opening round of the playoffs. It wasn't supposed to be this way. I'm sick of seeing this happen year after year after year throughout my entire life.

Given you mentioned Canada, I'm going to guess this is Ice Hockey related?

I'm still pissed that Ottawa won that game Saturday, let alone the other game loses in the last 7. Stupid injuries lately. Glad Kapanen is back now. Besides Gardiner we need Dermott back too. Playing the Bruins again in the Playoffs is gonna be a hard battle.

13 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

I'm still pissed that Ottawa won that game Saturday, let alone the other game loses in the last 7. Stupid injuries lately. Glad Kapanen is back now. Besides Gardiner we need Dermott back too. Playing the Bruins again in the Playoffs is gonna be a hard battle.

I'll never forget their 2013 series against the Bruins. 

Yeah the Leafs are everywhere. ;)

Glad they played well against Buffalo and Matthews played like somebody recharged his batteries... about damned time.

Have you seen these Leaf to Leaf vids on youtube Ajora? Some good fun there.

Edited by Doom_Dude

22 hours ago, Ajora said:

You've never heard of The Leafs before?

Nope, sorry. Ice Hockey is only super popular in a handful of countries. Sport is a very localized cultural thing: when posting on an international forum like this it's always a good idea to presume most people have no knowledge about the sports things that are popular where you live.

As a Sabres fan, I am required to point in your direction and laugh at your misfortune. I mean, you are the Laffs, after all.

Even if you make it, you'll just get absolutely destroyed by Tampa Bay this year, anyway.