Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomedDude

Does anyone know how to install Crispy Doom?

I am experimenting with Doom source ports and I can't find a tutorial of how to install Crispy Doom. If anyone knows how to install it please respond, thank you.

You literally just download the zip and unpack its contents somewhere on your harddrive. 

Just unzip it. Double click the zip file you've downloaded and copy and paste the contents to a folder.

Then copy and paste the IWADs of your choice to the same folder. Then just run the .exe file.

2 hours ago, Sector 147 said:

What do you mean by unpack, and do I have to move the Doom WAD files anywhere?

It will automatically detect the installed location of the WAD files via several official installers. The Doom Collector's Edition CD, Steam, GOG.com, the default locations for the DOS installers.

The gritty technical details are in d_iwad.c (I believe it's identical from Chocolate Doom), but it should cover most normal and legit cases.

Never mind about the exe file. How do you allow the engine to run both Doom and Doom 2? When ever I click the exe file it takes me into Doom 2 only.

You either launch it with "-iwad doom.wad" as a parameter, or use the Warp function (F2) in setup to do it graphically.

One more question. If I download WADs like Sunlust, Scythe, Alien Vendetta, etc will Crispy Doom automatically detect the WAD files?