Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unerxai

Issue with Slade3 and Doom Builder 2

Slade's tutorial on adding textures say the textures should be at the end, after the BLOCKMAP lump. It says it's not recommended to alter the order of the lumps, etc.

So I add the textures and then go to Doom Builder to use the textures (in this case, flats) on the map. The issue I'm having is that after saving the wad on DB, I go to slade (out of curiosity) and the textures appear at the top now, before all the lumps. I tested the map and everything runs perfectly, but Slade said that the wrong order could break my map so I'm confused.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Damn looks like this should've been on the questions sub forum. Sorry about that.

Edited by UNERXAi

The tutorial is only referring to the best practice. The lump order only matters for particular sequences, like placing lumps between relevant markers or the very specific order map lumps need to be in to be functional.
Further reading: https://doomwiki.org/wiki/WAD#Lump_order

What's really important is that textures are not in the middle of a map's lumps. If they are before the map or after the map, it's fine.

Doom Builder (any of them) always puts the map at the end of the wad when saving it.

Long time lurker here. Since this thread is slade issue related, has anyone an idea why my slade3 cannot start maps or edit maps anymore? Also the map buttons are missing. Already tried to reinstall or use different versions of slade. Also sorry if this is kinda off topic.

slade.png

On 3/24/2019 at 6:25 AM, Fetzher said:

Long time lurker here. Since this thread is slade issue related, has anyone an idea why my slade3 cannot start maps or edit maps anymore? Also the map buttons are missing. Already tried to reinstall or use different versions of slade. Also sorry if this is kinda off topic.

I, of course, do not know what your computer is like, this is my process

Edited by Kappes Buur