Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memerz1

I got time to burn. What project should I work on?

So basically, I'm off work today, and I want to work on some Doom wads. But I'm split between 2 decisions.

> Work on my new mega wad project, that I already sunk time and resources into; and put everything on the line.

> Or spend my day working on a quick joke wad, to quickly shove out the door; basically quantity over quality.

I'm fine with either, so it's ultimately up to you.

I have been quite off from the Doom online community for years so I can't quite really tell exactly what's been going on with WADs recently but, for what I've read on the last months, I feel like jokeWADs haven't seen much the light of the day or drawn the attention of people as much as mods with produced content. I've seen many incredibly detailed mods that are awesome and have the extremely positive reception they deserve. I'm not trying to assume that you wanna do something this detailed, maybe just a plain, regular megawad, but yeah; for me, megawad is the way to go.

I think jokewads have taken a back seat in the community ever since the removal of the Mockaward. Id say go with the megawad.

Yeah, I'm in camp megawad on this, it's take a lot of time, but will almost certainly be far more memorably than a memefest joke wad, even if it's comedy gold.

It depends on how funny your joke would be, honestly. Unless it’s a truly hilarious idea you’ve got, it’s probably better use of your time to work on ‘real’ maps.

3 hours ago, Ajora said:

Joke wads are highly underappreciated here. 

Depends on what type of jokewad, if you have something like Ludicrium. I'd say its worth it. But for something like It Only Gets Worse I dont see a point in making one.