Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mk7_Centipede

When I am recalling my childhood ;)

There we no video games for my in my childhood in the 70s.  I went outside and played, or watched one of the 5 or 6 channels we had on TV, or built stuff with Lego.  We got a Pong game when I was a preteen.  When I was in high school, we didn't get an Atari, but we got their competitor, Intellivision.  My next, and last, console was an SNES that I bought when I was already an adult.  It is still connected to my TV, while the Intellivision is in the garage.  I think the Pong might be still around somewhere.  I haven't seen it in a very long time, but I don't remember ever throwing it away.

NES and Sega Genesis here. There's a reason I was insane enough to co-found this site.

Which those of you who map for ZDoom-based engines might have stumbled across once support in that engine was added for that music format. :P

Albeit ZDoom wiki is slightly wrong - we don't deal with Master System soundtracks (that's SMS Power's domain), and the VGM format has since been expanded to cover a bunch of other soundchips since then that ZDoom/GZDoom's readers for VGM might not be able to handle.

Sega Genesis and N64, spent a lot of time in Goldeneye's split screen and adopted the sad little Xbox a year after it came out along with a Ps2.
Literally turning the dials on an old Sanyo to find something to watch before school, turning sixteen and instead of a car, I got a Dell Inspiron laptop.
Looking around now, I can safely say that all the right things are still the same.

4 hours ago, Empyre said:

ever throwing it away.

II still can't believe I'd thrown everything away. I had so many NES catridges and I didn't keep a single one... Damn it...

I really wish I cared more about preserving stuff in my childhood, so that in 20-30yrs I could have something to look back at... But I kept nothing. First 2 PCs? Gone. NES clone system and the hundreds of cartridges? Gone...

5 minutes ago, seed said:

I still can't believe I'd thrown everything away.

Tossing my Sanyo sucked, but the tube died a few years after I gotten it from my dad.
Positive, I got a 78 monochrome Sharp about a year ago complete with the "devils pitchfork" to coax adapter, but I still have nowhere for it.
Tossed so much I wish I still had, except maybe Superman 64, that still belongs in the dumpster fire.

Battle City, Super Mario Bros and Contra on the NES, Tomb Raider 1,2,3,Chronicles, Crash Bash and Metal Slug X on the PSX, Team Fortress Classic, Counter-Strike 1.5, Half-Life and Halo Combat Evolved on PC

Ugh talking about it makes me want to replay some of these games.

It all started with that: 

I had at least 40 games but I can't recall them all. 

at.png.b3783be891809f98a689e07fce56abb2.png

LoL,- those joysticks... I broke a few of them because I got overexcited during gameplay. I moved the stick too rough in tense situations and sometimes you only heard a *crack* ... My father had to repair some of them. Moonsweeper, Cosmic Arc and Beamrider were surely my most destructive games,- literally :-))))))

12 hours ago, tempdecal.wad said:

Battle City....

Yeah, Battle City !! I still love to play that occasionally. So simple, but quite addictive ....same counts for Bomberman ...

15 hours ago, tempdecal.wad said:

Team Fortress Classic

I still host a server for that game: Empyre*HOPE*'s Little Server

Don't know why, but I only played Mario games and Donkey Kong Country. Mario 3 is the one I remember the most. Beaten it with my mom. Fun times