Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Excited For Eternal?

Nope. I'm not... but once it comes out, I will be. It's tough to get excited for something that's not out yet even with the trailers. Perhaps hearing Youtubers trash the game for not getting a review copy will help get me psyched!

Edited by geo

I have to say that I am pretty excited for Doom Eternal. What I like about what we have seen so far that Eternal takes things to a new level after Doom 2016 being still pretty conservative basic shooter. I like grappling hook stuff and improved movement abilities in general. I feel they are adding elements of character action games, Eternal so far does remind me alot of Devil May Cry series. Tone seems to be going to be more silly which i think is great, Doom 2016 was stil bit too serious and less serious tone balances better with the "Rip and Tear" violence.

Extra lives seem to work like gold orbs in Devil May Cry series and armaments are also a great idea that could add more variety to the combat. There should more tools in Doom Slayers arsenal outside of actual guns and I want the game to encourage player to use the full arsenal together in many creative and cool ways and reward you from it. Just take as much influence from Devil May Cry 5 as possible with this stuff.

I am more excited for this one then i was for Doom 2016. I mean, i was really excited for Doom 2016 (aka Doom 4) at first, but then after it came out and i saw what it was i wasn't as excited anymore. That's when i got back into playing classic Doom again. TBH, i still haven't playing Doom 2016 which i totally need too. Some of the enemy designs and the more Quake feel of it kinda threw me off (not to mention supposedly having to clear certain areas before progressing), but i'm going too far off on a tangent here...

I just didn't really feel excited for another retelling of Doom as i thought that Doom 3 was considered a "reboot" or "retelling" or at least at the time it was. So for this game, Doom Eternal, it seems more like a Doom 2 reboot or retelling which is really interesting to me. More of the Earth type elements (Hell on Earth basically). I still actually haven't seen much footage so i'll probably go and watch the videos that are out for Eternal after i write this post, then update as necessary, just to make sure i'm correct on that. 

But yes, i am excited.

3 hours ago, CyberDreams said:

I am more excited for this one then i was for Doom 2016. I mean, i was really excited for Doom 2016 (aka Doom 4) at first, but then after it came out and i saw what it was i wasn't as excited anymore. That's when i got back into playing classic Doom again. TBH, i still haven't playing Doom 2016 which i totally need too. Some of the enemy designs and the more Quake feel of it kinda threw me off (not to mention supposedly having to clear certain areas before progressing), but i'm going too far off on a tangent here...

For me Doom Eternal looks much more Quake 2-ish than Doom 2016, especially for the Phobos part: 

• BFG 10K: Compare Quake 2s orbital gun / big gun: https://quake.fandom.com/wiki/Big_Gun
  • Human NPCs (even talking): https://youtu.be/ZwIaz-liqaw
  • Strogg enemy (as seen in the Stadia video)

The Sentinal Prime level (I really hope the player visits this in the very beginning, since being confronted with all the lore would be great after Doom 2016 left players with so many unanswered questions) and Hell on Earth look very Doom-ish.

Really looking forward to Eternal...my PC's boot drive is messed up and I'm glad I have a PS4 Pro as backup.  I'm having a hard time seeing how Eternal will work on the Switch despite 2016 running decently on that thing.

As for the PC, I'm hoping my i5 4590 will be sufficient with a recommended GPU.  id Tech 7 is said to have ten times the geometric detail of 6 so you can bet the PC specs are going to go up.

But I'm interested in how I can ruin someone's campaign (and day?) when I jump into a game as an imp and annoy him/her.  If Eternal works on Stadia, that could be the place to be for Internal but I will still insist on having the PC or console just in case.

11 hours ago, Jalapen0 said:

Really looking forward to Eternal...my PC's boot drive is messed up and I'm glad I have a PS4 Pro as backup.  I'm having a hard time seeing how Eternal will work on the Switch despite 2016 running decently on that thing.

As for the PC, I'm hoping my i5 4590 will be sufficient with a recommended GPU.  id Tech 7 is said to have ten times the geometric detail of 6 so you can bet the PC specs are going to go up.

But I'm interested in how I can ruin someone's campaign (and day?) when I jump into a game as an imp and annoy him/her.  If Eternal works on Stadia, that could be the place to be for Internal but I will still insist on having the PC or console just in case.

If you plan on just playing as a Imp, you are going to have a hard time ruining someones day.  You only get once shot before they put you against a different player.

15 minutes ago, Zemini said:

If you plan on just playing as a Imp, you are going to have a hard time ruining someones day.  You only get once shot before they put you against a different player.

I'm sure they will allow you to play as the other enemies as well so I'm thinking you would be randomly placed in any enemy in this case unless you set your preferences.  June 9th cannot come soon enough.

Well you specifically said you wanted to jump in as a Imp.  Probably not the best choice going against the doom slayer if your goal is to just ruin their day.  That could be a fun challenge though. 

I also think that every demon in the game should be used plus custom skins/abilities.  If I want to be a zombie, I should have that right.  How people decide not to pick the most OP demon every time remains to be seen.  My guess if that the Campaign, Invasion and PvP mode work in tandem much like the Doom dance does for combat.

I'm gona invade someone as a lost soul...
I'm not going to get hyped up, that's part of the reason No Man's Sky was such a let down, too much hype so I'll jump onto the hypetrain when I have it installed on my Xbox.
I am interested in the invasion mechanic, reminds me of Dark Souls and I like that, not enough getting invaded by people/ invading other people's games.

15 hours ago, wolfmcbeard said:

I'm not going to get hyped up, that's part of the reason No Man's Sky was such a let down

Part indeed.

No Man's Sky was a train wreck because the developers outright lied about features and other things which were said to be in the game but ultimately weren't, or if they were, the behavior was different.

Not really (since I didn't enjoy Doom '16)... but I'll be happy for them when they get this out of the way.

7 hours ago, seed said:

No Man's Sky was a train wreck

Don't get me wrong, I like playing NMS, but I found out about it about a week before it launched and since my pc is shit with newer games, I bought a Ps4 for it, I still regret that because I've got that thing sitting in a tote since I can't really sell it due to it's condition.
I play more frequently now since it's had updates, but that game was in my opinion, a bigger disaster than 76.
I don't think Doom Eternal will be a letdown though, I enjoyed Doom '16 so I will most likely enjoy Eternal as well.

5 hours ago, DoomBringer2018 said:

Does anyone have any idea when the release date is?  Will there be an ultimate edition of it?  I want to put money down for it.

Nothing confirmed yet. Rage 2 is due for June 19 so we can imagine it will be released afterwards.

Hope there's the option to make the graphics that of old games, because I don't care about graphics. I want Eternal to be stable. Gameplay all the way.

4 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Hope there's the option to make the graphics that of old games, because I don't care about graphics. I want Eternal to be stable. Gameplay all the way.

Expecting id to do that is pretty unrealistic, as they would have to make variants for all textures, new models and recode the lighting system. Too much extra work for something that isn't essential for most people.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:14 PM, Zemini said:

Well you specifically said you wanted to jump in as a Imp.  Probably not the best choice going against the doom slayer if your goal is to just ruin their day.  That could be a fun challenge though. 

I also think that every demon in the game should be used plus custom skins/abilities.  If I want to be a zombie, I should have that right.  How people decide not to pick the most OP demon every time remains to be seen.  My guess if that the Campaign, Invasion and PvP mode work in tandem much like the Doom dance does for combat.

Imagine you getting your rear kicked by an annoying imp via Invasion...that would tick off a lot of Doom players for sure and that is what I'm getting at...maybe that will be akin to trolling.  And also a fun challenge as well.  Probably going to be a trophy type of challenge as well.

Given the number of enemies that will be in the game, there will probably be no shortage of options in that game. 

35 minutes ago, OrbitalSpaceGarbage said:

Yes, but my PC is way too potato to be able to deal with it. So I'm gonna have to wait.

Maybe try Stadia?

Just now, DooM_RO said:

Maybe try Stadia?

Stadia is a doomed to fail concept that requires on ISPs actually providing a good service :P Plus, the Jim Sterling video pointing out how it'll likely just devolve into having to pay like 10 monthly subscriptions on top of your internet fees makes me want to stay far, far away

Just excited to the lore things. Probably (mostly sure, the price of new games in my country is insane) will not play and just watch a play playthrough

4 hours ago, Denizalan said:

Just excited to the lore things. Probably (mostly sure, the price of new games in my country is insane) will not play and just watch a play playthrough

Isn't Doom about the gameplay?

3 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Isn't Doom about the gameplay?

Exactly. I dont like Doom 2016 gameplay, but I liked the lore. Same goes with Eternal.

16 hours ago, Required field said:

mostl

Because of "press Fatality for health/ammo/armor/pay respect/etc"?

Yeah. Mostly because of this. It's fun at the beginnig, but gets repetitive (my opnion), and Doom Eternal for me is just a retro-skined Doom 2016 with more parkour elements, nothing changed that much about the gameplay. But yeah, I am excited for the lore.