Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Waru

Mighty Knight: Year Of The Storm[ADVANCED DEMO version is out!] (WIP)

Hello everybody!

This is my wolf-3d style doom 2 wad, the "mighty knight".

Sorry but I1m dont speak english very good.

Source: GzDoom

STORY:

The piece had been a fregile thing for a long long time for the kingdomes of Domun. In the year of the great storm, an unknown army revealed itself from the deepest places of the giant mountains - and forces the world into total chaos. Enzo, the lonely mercenary, famous for his inhuman tolerance makes his way to encounter the danger. Based on his sources, the invaders are attampting to transform the observatory of the great mountain into a weapon, that utilizes the energy of the thunder, they call it the "thunder tower". By colletcing the lightnings, focused strikes can be executed against the main strategic locations of the resistance with no risk of serious military loss. Shortly after getting in the fights, our hero realizes who he has to face, the "Homoculus" army, created by the long time disappeared "Thousand year emperor"...

"Advanced" DEMO Version Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ey37b865z2hkoa7/MightyKnight.wad/file

I thank any feedback/review!

Check the Trailer:

Screenshot_Doom_20190318_172114.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190318_172144.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190318_172259.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190324_195133.png

Edited by Waru : Story added

So this is a Wolf3D-like TC? I can't wait to play this so please tell me the release date!
(also I remembered seeing a gameplay footage of this mod sometimes ago, lol)

14 hours ago, Waru said:

The release date is included in the video. This is not tc. :)

What type of mod is ?

On 3/16/2019 at 8:10 AM, Waru said:

The release date is included in the video. This is not tc. :)

Can't wait, this looks fucking cool man!

On 3/17/2019 at 5:22 AM, Dude27th said:

What type of mod is ?

This is tc. I was wrong, I'm sorry.Lol.

20 hours ago, Beezle said:

Can't wait, this looks fucking cool man!

Thanks, only 2 weeks ;).

On 3/17/2019 at 1:12 PM, Walter confetti said:

Looks pretty cool! 

Thanks!

Also, i added screenshots for the first post.

Thanks guys. Remember tomorrow released the demo(beta) version :)

Also im added the story, cechk the first post.

51 minutes ago, Waru said:

Thanks guys. Remember tomorrow released the demo(beta) version :)

Also im added the story, cechk the first post.

Can't wait for the demo (beta) version to come out!

2 minutes ago, Waru said:

I thank any Feedback/Review...

This reminds me a lot of Project Warlock. Really love the style of Mighty Knight, though one issue I've had is its almost impossible to dodge the monsters projectiles, (or are they meant to be hitscan?) unless you're a ways away. Just a little ways in this and having a lot of fun, great job Waru:)

Thanks the feedback :). The monsters doesnt have a hitscan attack.. It's just really fast projelctile attack.  

Had a small play and i really like it. You deffinitely hyped me to see the final version. There's nothing bad to say, i love the visual side of this and level desing is pretty good maybe o i would made bitt more height changes through some sort of stairs or lift maybe. Aslo this is only idea but i think some sort lights that will produce some colored lights would help the allready good atmosphere a bitt. Great job waru i love it.

(those drunk soldier are f*cking awesome)

I'm not sure if this is bug but i'm not able to open this door more than once and i ended up being stuck

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20190330_211343.png.8cadfce660e83f503e9fcd98a0509d06.png

Edited by Marlamir

18 hours ago, Marlamir said:

I'm not sure if this is bug but i'm not able to open this door more than once and i ended up being stuck.

Thanks for the review (y). Sadly its a bug.

Loving the visual style going on here. I'll make a note of giving this a spin sometime soon. c:

Edited by MFG38

Check the gameplay videos on youtube.
"Commander Matias" playing the mod:

MAP01 "Mine"

I'm excited to release the full version.  I think you will like it. 

I make map markers (Player start, locked doors). What do you think guys? Is this a useful thing or not?

Screenshot_Doom_20190402_162509.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190402_162542.png

I think this can be useful in a lot of the more complicated levels. I believe Soul Crusher has this sort of tool and in a mapset like that it was essential for progression. So I would say stick with it.

Ok , so I tried the Demo and I have some mixed feelings about it :

First of all , I didn't read the story description in this thread , and without an "in-game story" I was really confused about why I was there killing these guards with a weirdly angled pistol.

This confussion made worse the excessive amounts of blood and gore that these guards splashed when hit by a bullet, I kinda felt sorry for them, and it gives me some Brutal Doom vibes , but in a world that doesn't look violent , so it looked off for me :/

(Also the amounts of blood caused some massive drops in performance)

Apart from that I liked the cartoony aesthetic , and I liked the music.
The rapidly increasing lag made me stop playing, but I would like to give it another shot, in a future version of this game.

Good work!

Edited by Dude27th : Too Harsh, too demanding

4 hours ago, Dude27th said:

Ok , so I tried the Demo and I have some mixed feelings about it :

First of all , I didn't read the story description in this thread , and without an "in-game story" I was really confused about why I was there killing these guards with a weirdly angled pistol.

This confussion made worse the excessive amounts of blood and gore that these guards splashed when hit by a bullet, I kinda felt sorry for them, and it gives me some Brutal Doom vibes , but in a world that doesn't look violent , so it looked off for me :/

(Also the amounts of blood caused some massive drops in performance)

Apart from that I liked the cartoony aesthetic , and I liked the music.
The rapidly increasing lag made me stop playing, but I would like to give it another shot, in a future version of this game.

Good work!

thanks for feedback! i think the cartoon graphic mixed whit brutal gore is a good idea.some people don't like it. I accept this.

I didnt know how to put a story before starting the first map (i'm just begginner)  sorry.

In the future the mod release 2 version (normal and low blood "performance friendly") 

18 hours ago, Waru said:

thanks for feedback! i think the cartoon graphic mixed whit brutal gore is a good idea.some people don't like it. I accept this.

I didnt know how to put a story before starting the first map (i'm just begginner)  sorry.

In the future the mod release 2 version (normal and low blood "performance friendly") 

I will look forward to that version !
And about putting a story , I'm not sure as well , but I guess that you could do it with the TITLEMAP and some ACS.

I remember that "Shadow Of The Wool Ball" and "Rise Of The Wool Ball" have some intros with use of cameras I think, that they could be worth checking out !

I solvedthe problem. Im just add "map00" before map01 with cluster "exittext".

Also here some pictures of the upcoming levels:

(to keep the community interest up)

Screenshot_Doom_20190405_140820.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190405_141045.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190405_141156.png

So I played through the first 2 levels of the demo, and here are my impressions.

While the level design isn't anything to write home about, the blockiness of it works wonderfully with the overall aesthetic. The maps themselves, while obviously non-linear, feel just linear enough to not make you feel totally lost at any point, which is something I hold to a high regard when it comes to level design in general. I also liked the fact that there are differences between adjacent rooms, whether they're subtle or obvious, which certainly helps navigation in its own way.

I didn't notice much difference in the behavior of different enemy types, but then, I did only play the first 2 levels, so I'm guessing there will be more distinct types of enemies later on. The weapons were all satisfying to use, especially the shotgun. It certainly packs a punch - an almost shockingly heavy one considering the overall aesthetic of the mod. :P

The only thing I'm not so much a fan of is the decreased movement speed. I feel that it makes dodging enemy projectiles unnecessarily difficult. I can't even recall an instance where I successfully dodged a projectile.

Overall, though, you've done good work here. I'm certainly looking forward to more of this thing. c:

P.S. Oh, and if you're looking for musicians, I'd be happy to contribute a track or two.

Basically mod looks pretty cute. But I noticed that the physical dimensions of the objects do not match the visual. You constantly come across the edge of the invisible, in an attempt to circumvent obstacle. It's very annoying.