Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A moody map, oozing with a somber post-apocalyptic atmosphere. The penetrating sadness is communicated with great effect thanks to the beautiful but grim textures and sprites, the subtle rain drops rippling the water (that's the only thing that clues there is rain, the map doesn't use any GZDoom rain?) and the hush, grieving ambient. The gameplay quite cutthroat, with plenty of hitscanners wearing you down to an easy target of a quick kill. The RK trap is a standout, although I recommend anyone playing this should have their gamma correction higher than usual, because it's pretty dark (I like the rush it creates, but I can understand how it could be more frustrating than immersive :P).

A cool map. It feels like an excerpt of bigger story, which unfortunately won't seem to be realized given your description that this is essentially cobbled from scraps. Still, glad to see another map from you.

Edited by Catpho

The texture pack looks interesting and it's coupled well with the few zdoom effects used and the ambient music to create a gloomy and atmospheric little experience, it has a somehow a melancholic feel. Gameplay was well balanced for the very limited arsenal you have and because you also meet some tough monsters and a prominent use of hitscanners that were dangerous in the first parts. Later the map gets more tamed as the action is more framed in rooms and corridors. Was the player speed altered? I noticed from the start that turning with the mouse is definitely slower, and also the movement seemed a bit slower but I'm not sure about that, I think increased the difficuly.

On 3/11/2019 at 10:24 PM, gaspe said:

I noticed from the start that turning with the mouse is definitely slower, and also the movement seemed a bit slower but I'm not sure about that

I like it better when the player is not rushing like mad, so I slightly reduce the speed of movement.

The atmosphere is just astounding on this map, the background music, the visuals, everything! A shame the texture pack didn't get it's own megawad.