Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

NoYe [Release]

When I look at the second screenie, and I think that's Heel's map. Therefore I downloaded it and it is, and the name is wild ;P

BTW, I don't know Kraflab makes maps... (before)

New Doom movement right here, guys. This, along with some ToD maps, should be considered the "Pollock" maps. 

Or am I thinking too deeply about this?

I played map31 a while back and it's gr8.

Btw, the text file is broken (carriage returns are missing, possibly an OS X issue? I've seen it before in text files made in OS X.)

Short comment on map 31 and map 33: Both these maps have conveyors in them that operate at pretty high speeds. Due to the speed differences between Pr/GLBoom+ and for example GZDoom, there is a more than a good chance that these maps will become (borderline) unplayable in any ZDoom derivative port. I'd also like to recommend using GLBoom instead of PrBoom for both these maps, because there is a difference in how these two exes handle the "Hall of mirrors effect".

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

50 minutes ago, Grain of Salt said:

Btw, the text file is broken (carriage returns are missing, possibly an OS X issue? I've seen it before in text files made in OS X.)

That's just how Unix-like operating systems do new lines. Literally every text editor existing in this decade that's not notepad.exe should display the file correctly so I suggest switching away from Notepad.

Also, great wad. Perfectly captures the spirit of noye.

3 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

What gave it away?

I don't know how I felt. For example, I think you wouldn't make something like Screenshot 1. Also, I think you like to make something special, but Screenshot 3 doesn't feel like your style. Then, Screenshot 2 seems sort of ridiculous in platforming, so it has a high chance to be your map among those 3. However, if you say that's a Zzul's map, I also feel like it.

BTW, Map33 is fun, and that poor Revenant (or player) ;P (Why I hear the sound of telefragging a Revenant when I play the first time, and then I discovered it's not the case.)

iamafilthycheater.zip

@BdubzzzI think Map25 should be called "Players who use IDDT are assholes". I want to share this is just because it's sort of hilarious. IDDT doesn't help you too much in speedrunning because it won't improve your routing or anything. Also, it's not even banned when you're recording. However, this map doesn't help a lot for the first part although with the assistance of that, I still can't beat the map... After you have taken 8 Megaspheres, you need some luck for that because sometimes the Cybers can create a sweeping barrage and you have no way to get around it, and IDDT doesn't help you with the last part either.

2 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

IDDT [is] not even banned when you're recording.

Actually it is, at least by Compet-n convention. See these two demos.

BTW, another map where IDDT (just one in this case - no real need for IDDT-IDDT) is 1337.wad map15.

Edited by Grazza

3 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

iamafilthycheater.zip

Amazing Demo :D Never thought about using IDDT for this map lol 

But ya the last part is a little rough to say the least :p

9 minutes ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

so, um, how do i get past the barrels? asking for a friend.

Close to the exit, shoot the barrels on your back and let them push you towards the exit. That was my method, not sure if it was intended that way.

10 hours ago, Grazza said:

Actually it is, at least by Compet-n convention. See these two demos.

BTW, another map where IDDT (just one in this case - no real need for IDDT-IDDT) is 1337.wad map15.

Interesting, I was talking about the game doesn't forbid you to use, but I didn't know it's quite a grey area, if you ask me. Kind of sad these demos can't be played through GLBoom+.