Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ramiel

Doom Eternal and others confirmed for Steam, Bethesda Launcher release

Very happy with this. I was going to get the game either way, but now there are less hoops to jump through to get to it.

1 hour ago, Caffeine Freak said:

'Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot'?  ...okay. I can only imagine what that'll be.

It's some kind of VR spin-off. The only thing anyone really knows about it is that you control a Panzerhund and (maybe) other Nazi bots throughout.

I think they saw all the people here and elsewhere on the Internet putting the foot down and saying that we wouldn't buy the game if it didn't. It's simply the right thing to do.

But knowing how dumb some modern publishers can be, I'm glad they did it.

Nice!

I'm buying the collectors physical copy regardless (if they have one). Which hopefully can be ran on steam.

I feel relieved and happy, at least Doom Eternal is coming to Steam officially! I will definitely get the game for sure! 

Is anyone else not surprised by this though?

I'm definitely not, especially after all the BS surrounding Bethesda recently. If Doom Eternal and the rest would have been exclusive to their platform they would have basically committed suicide.

Considering that Epic has historically been both a  game product and technology rival of the things iD provides, it's somehow not surprising. 

I know iD isn't exactly in the engine business anymore (insofar as handing out the engine to non-Bethesda owned or supported companies), but all the same. Epic's mainline products (past and present) are still in  a lot of ways direct competitors to their offerings. Handing Epic the keys to Doom's kingdom then would be....curious. 

On a more vital note, there's nothing Epic can actually offer iD/ Bethesda to make an exclusive switch worth their while. They do not need the money Epic is so keen on dolling out (most of the other big name games that made the switch were still being made by comparatively (Read; COMPARATIVELY) smaller companies who actually did need the extra funding. 

rage 2 as well for aanyone following that, it's actually got a page on steam now. a sigh of relief.

11 hours ago, seed said:

Is anyone else not surprised by this though?

I'm definitely not, especially after all the BS surrounding Bethesda recently. If Doom Eternal and the rest would have been exclusive to their platform they would have basically committed suicide.

I was actually starting to think Doom Eternal would've been Bethesda Launcher exclusive. Afterall, Rage 2 just a couple months ago was originally going to skip Steam and stay on Bethesda's launcher.

This is some good PR for Bethesda who clearly need it after Fallout 76.

8 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

This is some good PR for Bethesda who clearly need it after Fallout 76.

Which is exactly why I was never worried. At worst it was going to release outside of Bethesda Launcher sometime later.

On 3/26/2019 at 4:13 AM, Chezza said:

Nice!

I'm buying the collectors physical copy regardless (if they have one). Which hopefully can be ran on steam.

Its on Bethesda Launcher only. Confirmed on Twitter for all physical copies.

On 3/26/2019 at 10:25 PM, Taurus Daggerknight said:

Considering that Epic has historically been both a  game product and technology rival of the things iD provides, it's somehow not surprising. 

I know iD isn't exactly in the engine business anymore (insofar as handing out the engine to non-Bethesda owned or supported companies), but all the same. Epic's mainline products (past and present) are still in  a lot of ways direct competitors to their offerings. Handing Epic the keys to Doom's kingdom then would be....curious. 

On a more vital note, there's nothing Epic can actually offer iD/ Bethesda to make an exclusive switch worth their while. They do not need the money Epic is so keen on dolling out (most of the other big name games that made the switch were still being made by comparatively (Read; COMPARATIVELY) smaller companies who actually did need the extra funding. 

It wouldn't be on Epic, it would be on Bethesda.

On 3/26/2019 at 6:25 AM, Taurus Daggerknight said:

I'd like to note that when you put your game on stores (Steam, GOG, Epic, Xbox Live, Switch store, etc), you do not give the company the source code to your game. The company gives *you* the headers and libraries for their SDK, and you modify your game to support that yourself.

5 hours ago, Jalapen0 said:

No mention of Rage 2?  That game could be very epic.

“We’re pleased to announce that RAGE 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot, and DOOM Eternal will be released on Steam as well as (link: https://beth.games/2Mhhqoi) beth.games/2Mhhqoi. We will also be bringing Fallout 76 to Steam later this year.”