Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Gigantic PL/PL2 styled map I started years ago. I want to get it done so badly but I keep forgetting my plans for keys, doors, etc.

dw1.jpg

dw2.jpg

dw3.jpg

Heretic stuff from this week. I am getting faster and in theory could try an actual speed mapping, but I don't know. I keep getting further when I have multiple GZDoom Builders open: one with HERETIC.wad for copying ideas and other one for redrawing them my way. And I'm looking for doing maps for Heretic the style Raven did, not my unique one :D

Xs0RfaP.png

@IRod54 that looks phenomenal, I love your style. is this map going to be a standalone release or is it part of a set?

after seeing that map title, I hope it has Castlevania music :D

4 hours ago, Tango said:

@IRod54 that looks phenomenal, I love your style. is this map going to be a standalone release or is it part of a set?

after seeing that map title, I hope it has Castlevania music :D

Yeah likely just a single map release 

7 hours ago, IRod54 said:

My newest level in progress

Screenshot_20190412-233055.png

Good progress! In the above-quoted screenshot, try messing with the offsets of those small slimefall steps so that it's not obviously repeating. :)

Hi all, first post here.

I've been working on my first ever doom level since last week and learning the ropes of Doom Builder and Slade. I ended up getting carried away and whatever I'm working on is shaping up to be its own thing with its own story.

Thus far I have learned to deal with vertices, linedefs and sectors. I've also learned today about middle textures as I couldn't figure out how to get the transparent fire to work. I've also been dealing with scripting and made my own version of the hexen axe as a challenge. 

I've also started using custom resources from realm667, which I've found very fun to work with.

I've had a blast thus far. Feel free to let me know what you think!

Screenshot_Doom_20190413_214951.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190413_215123.png

An 8 mission map wad I have been working on for a while, its my first post and my first set of maps. Which clearly shows how much of a beginner I am. Made using GZDoom Builder, using Doom II assets in GZDoom.

Screenshots were taken while playing in Brutal Doom since its what I enjoy, but I made sure it still works in Vanilla Doom 2 running on GZDoom as well.

dWHtLvj.png

jB6ggF1.png

itClC3P.png

RawOwaV.png

oo7g8eH.png

XGCtkbA.png

Tf62xqR.png

GnRpspU.png

3 minutes ago, ejboogy said:

A medium sized single map wad that I worked on for about 3 months. Made using GZdoom Builder and Slade. Typical run and gun game flow. Used GZdoom to test so its recommended that you use that. Free look and crouching are allowed. Let me know what you think!

I suggest to make thread about map, because the more people will post about their mapping progress here in this thread, the more chances that you get minimum or zero feedback about your creation. 

22 minutes ago, ejboogy said:

A medium sized single map wad that I worked on for about 3 months. Made using GZdoom Builder and Slade. Typical run and gun game flow. Used GZdoom to test so its recommended that you use that. Free look and crouching are allowed. Let me know what you think! 

So I played it and I enjoyed it! Played on ultra violence and removed mouse look. I am not sure, but I assume you are supposed to be able to jump? There is a typo at the very start with the on screen message saying Priamry instead of Primary. Other than that, I enjoyed it. The visuals were nice, the enemy placements were good, and I enjoyed the music.

4 hours ago, CaptainMitchell said:

An 8 mission map wad I have been working on for a while, its my first post and my first set of maps. Which clearly shows how much of a beginner I am. Made using GZDoom Builder, using Doom II assets in GZDoom.

Screenshots were taken while playing in Brutal Doom since its what I enjoy, but I made sure it still works in Vanilla Doom 2 running on GZDoom as well.

You're breaking a rule.  Your first map is supposed to be really bad.

3 hours ago, ejboogy said:

A medium sized single map wad that I worked on for about 3 months. Made using GZdoom Builder and Slade. Typical run and gun game flow. Used GZdoom to test so its recommended that you use that. Free look and crouching are allowed. Let me know what you think! https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/d-f/foggyjungle

For screenshots from the editor's 3D mode, press H to remove the highlight, so whatever your cursor is on won't glow yellow-orange.  Press H again afterwards to return to normal.  I see that you did already remove the extent boxes from around the things.