Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

The future of robotic humans is nigh

In the future, humans will unify and meld with robots, becoming living, thinking bionic beings benefiting from mental and physical cybernetic augmentation. But, apparently, we will start behaving like robots long before any cybernetic enhancements happen. Why? Because of people like Lucy Flores who jump the shark to the detriment of all humanity.

Like, what the flying fuck did I just read? 

Apparently Mr. Biden is a touchy-feely kinda guy, his way of being supportive to those he works with. When I clicked on the article about him with the juicy title Joe Biden Scrambles to Stem Crisis After Lucy Flores’s Allegation I figured there'd be some kind of gross complaint about him groping her ass or tits or kissing her on the mouth... but, no, this is what we are now highlighting as worthy of public shaming and impending crisis:

when Mr. Biden visited that year to campaign for her and other Democrats, he came up behind her before the rally, put his hands on her shoulders and planted "a big slow kiss" on the back of her head.

What a monster! The article goes on to highlight whether or not various people believe Flores is telling the truth, as if to indicate if she was it would somehow be damming. Huh? Umm.. who cares??? 'OMG, did you hear what Mr. Biden did? Do you think Flores is telling the truth? What scandal!!' Look, I'm not a touchy-feely guy, I don't really want people hugging me randomly or whatever, but if a fat, ugly, old lady who was part of my political team did this to me as her way to calm my nerves before I was to go in front of a bunch of people and rally or whatever I'd probably find the matriarchal gesture comforting and reassuring and if, for whatever reason, it made me uncomfortable I'd shrug it off and move on; not use it as fodder for a smear campaign 5 years later.... 

I do have a glimmer of hope that people are smart enough to realize how absurd her complaint is and that it will be more damaging to her than Mr. Biden (apparently she is not a very successful politician, not surprisingly if these are the kinds of tactics she employs...). If anything, it will probably backfire on her and he will get more votes than he would have gotten had she not made this absurd smear attempt. If I'm wrong, then I guess the future of robotic humans is not far off: a future where everyone is afraid to touch another human being for fear of retaliation; and no one looks at anyone anymore for fear of the meaning of their look being misread, and everyone just stares straight ahead. (BTW, I have no idea what Mr. Biden's politics are but I'd vote for him just to spite this woman's poor tact and judgment). Next, we'll be reading Breaking scandal: male politician smiles at woman politician!

Edited by Hellbent : formatting

You mislead us Hellbent, maybe you should become a politician or a modern journalist.

I don't think anyone should be kissing anyone like that as a general courtesy and respect for space but it's definitely nothing to cry or campaign about.

I like Dues Ex.

Edited by Chezza

Biden has done this stuff a ton in public and people have always hand waived it as “Biden being Biden.”

It’s not ok, nor acceptable to believe that you can touch people however you’d like. I believe Biden’s intent is not bad, but it’s still creepy and someone should have told him forever ago to stop it. If he runs, this will be a significant problem for his campaign. 

10 hours ago, Hellbent said:

when Mr. Biden visited that year to campaign for her and other Democrats, he came up behind her before the rally, put his hands on her shoulders and planted "a big slow kiss" on the back of her head. 

Yeah, that sounds pretty fucking weird, dude. Wouldn't want anyone doing that to me that isn't family, an SO, or maybe a really close friend. I don't think respecting personal space is going to lead people to being human robots.

Terrible topic name btw.

What the hell is this. I clicked because I wanted to see an abominable hybrid of Hellbent and Goatlord drunkpost about human-machine-booze singularity and I get "you can't even creep on a woman these days."

Miserable showing, 1 star.

I've been watching a lot of youtube stuff on monoliths and ancient civilizations and plan to make a @Goatloard-esque thread on the topic soon! Hopefully that thread will be a little more interesting and I'll be sure not to give it a deceptive title. ;)

The kiss is a bit creepy and over the top I must say, then again Biden is like 400 years old and that shit was more acceptable back then so if it’s a huge bother, stay away from old people. I wouldn’t want anyone kissing my head either though, that shit is weird. Politicians are also aliens so we have to keep in mind that this is just an approximation of normal human behaviour - there’s glitches sometimes and it results in creepiness like that head kiss, or like these amazing hand shakes:

(I know it’s a CNN smear piece, but come on, that shit is weird)

I hope he doesn’t run fwiw, the last thing we need is a corporate democrat running and dividing the vote AGAIN when there are actual progressive candidates on the table. I hope the rest of the left is sick of the wolf in sheep’s clothing act but I fear that isn’t the case.

Edited by Doomkid

The idea that we'll merge directly with robots is kinda ridiculous. 80s cyberpunk A E S T H E T I C dictated that it'll be a messy affair in which there will be a stark contrast between cybernetic and biological elements, even when melded. That's not likely how it's going to play out. The human genome will be slowly altered to allow for "super powers," resulting in a new branch of humans that have a built-in connection to the Internet, super strength, super sensory perception, super intelligence, super creativity, possibly even psychic and telekinetic powers. If it doesn't violate fundamental physical laws, it's technically feasible, and we show no sign of not wanting to pursuit a superhuman route.

Edited by GoatLord