Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

2 hours ago, Rhebiz said:

When will this be released?

hopefully within the next month or two! this is for a v2 of a set I released last year, including the existing maps plus a handful of new maps (pictured here), and hopefully a brand new map01 to replace the old one if i can make a new one quickly

@exl Just saw those pictures with the color gradient shaders, that is some awesome stuff. I really like the monochrome version. Post more screenshots please. 

On 4/1/2019 at 9:47 PM, exl said:

pplut01.jpg

Would be perfect for the invulnerability sphere.

The original burns my eyes, even with lower monitor brightness.

After recovering from a slight burnout, I've done something that might end up being the single largest endeavor in mapping for me, this is what I've finished yesterday and I'd say it's maybe 10ish% done...also, do I really need nodes? *coughs* asking for a friend...FotD-v1.2.2_at_2019.04.04_18-12-38.073_R

3 hours ago, exl said:

A variation of the earlier black and white LUT, trying to get that Sin City effect going.

And you did a great job. That is freaking awesome!

1 hour ago, wolfmcbeard said:

also, do I really need nodes? *coughs* asking for a friend...

You don't. The Doom engine does, though.

That said, several source ports (Doomsday, EDGE, anything based on ZDoom...) include their own nodebuilders and so are able to generate nodes on-the-fly while loading the level. So generating nodes yourself is only really required if you target vanilla, limit-removing, or Boom compatibility. Since your map is apparently UDMF (that's what the GZDB status bar says at least), that's not a problem for you, you can distribute it without built nodes.

2 hours ago, Gez said:

Since your map is apparently UDMF, that's not a problem for you, you can distribute it without built nodes.

Good, I was thinking I would have some kind of issue and didn't want to make this behemoth of a map if it wasn't going to work.
I assume nodes are for the ai to navigate.

been chipping away at a layout on and off over the past 2 days. taking my time with things for once and not rushing. how's this for a start?

Spoiler

image.png.4328e3a3e464702d49ccf46e60809eb1.png

8 hours ago, exl said:

A variation of the earlier black and white LUT, trying to get that Sin City effect going.

Actually, the map itself looks awesome. Is it the same map from the previous screens? Sorry if I missed it, but what project is this - the map and the LUTs - are from?

@exlThat is indeed gorgeous, please keep it up! Lots of interesting things possible with this.

3 hours ago, Rince-wind said:

More or less detail?

More on the ceiling would be nice. Otherwise I do like it.

1 hour ago, Rince-wind said:

I'll see what I can do.

Screenshot_Doom_20190405_170318.png.a4a15f86ad73cbbbda085f230e64ac9a.png

"Abandon Hope ... All Ye Who Enter Here!"

17 hours ago, AL-97 said:

Actually, the map itself looks awesome. Is it the same map from the previous screens? Sorry if I missed it, but what project is this - the map and the LUTs - are from?

It is from the previous. The map'll be released once there's a new GZDoom version out that fixes a bug. All I can do is chip away at it some more until then. The LUT stuff I might release as some sort of standalone\resource type thing though.