Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Liberation

1000 Line Community Project - Released

The levels are looking great so far, everyone! And thanks for organizing this whole thing, Liberation.

MAP32 yellow key missing on easy settings (ITYTD/HNTR) also linedef 516 is a teleport line with tag 2 but there's no sector tagged 2.

Congrats on the release Lib! Expertly managed CP and a genuine pleasure to be part of! Roll on 1001 Lines next year!

8 minutes ago, mistersector said:

because how would mappers know unless they communicated intent?

Maybe the mappers did communicate intent? 0_o

The wad looks really good and before its final release we decided to give it a go at ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival.

We're playing the first half of the maps today. The session starts at 19:00 BST/14:00 EDT and should be fairly active for at least a few hours.

Of course, everyone is invited and if you have a new version of the wad we're ready to use it.

@Keyboard_Doomer  Just need to check, does zdaemon use player 1 starts like zandro if coop starts have not been included? Also would it be possible to upload RC2 (more of a hot fix tbh) to you guys later on today? 4/5 BST?.

Rather excited to see it being played btw, thank you for picking it!

Yes, ZDaemon does reuse player 1 start. However, including p2-p4 starts (but only one of each, otherwise there will be voodoo dolls just like with p1 start) helps speed up spawning, especially when there are many players. It's something I wanted to report after the session so while I'm at it:

maps 03, 09-13, 19, 20, 25, 26, 30 and 34 don't have any player 2-4 starts

Additionally, I noticed that there's no CWILV28 and CWILV33 seems to be just a copy of CWILV21.

One more thing and that's the mancubus (thing 140) near the beginning of MAP22: the door is too small for him to go through so he just gets stuck there very easily. I think either making the door a bit wider or just adding a monster-blocking line so he can't reach the door track would solve this sufficiently.

Yeah, having a new version before the session would be nice. Uploading anytime before like 6:30 BST is good.

Glad you joined us yesterday, Liberation! I hope you had fun.

Here are a few more issues that I noticed:

- You added coop starts for the rest of the maps but MAP13 still doesn't have any player 2-4 starts.
- There's a coop tele to reach sector 18 in MAP14, however, there's a chance a player will die after triggering the line that closes off the room but before triggering the line that opens the tele. We managed to break the map this way yesterday.
- What's up with MAP16 having damaging floors everywhere but no radsuits? Not only is that not an enjoyable experience in singleplayer, the multiplayer gameplay is catastrophic.
- The CWILV graphic was corrected but MAP22 still has the wrong name in dehacked.
- How about making the internal dehacked in the new format that supports longer map names and only have the external dehacked in the old format? As far as I know all the source ports that support dehacked lumps inside a wad recognize the new format and with the character limit of the old format the map names can get awkward (like MAP31, for example).

@Keyboard_DoomerThank you, I did have plenty of fun and also you guys pointed out a fair few points for me to sort out regarding coop.

I will add your points to the list and will sort them out, regarding map 13 I didn't want the coop places to start outside of the starting block, but will change that.

I am also looking to sort the dehacked as well, it was planned for the full release.

RC3 is released!

1klinesrc3c.zip

- Map 20 has been replaced by a very nice map from Breezeep, AD_79, Simpletonium!
- Additional music, correct CWILVS
- A fair bit of tuning and balancing
- A few squished bugs

Enjoy!

On 4/5/2019 at 11:11 AM, Keyboard_Doomer said:

Here are a few more issues that I noticed:
- There's a coop tele to reach sector 18 in MAP14, however, there's a chance a player will die after triggering the line that closes off the room but before triggering the line that opens the tele. We managed to break the map this way yesterday.

Sorry for the late response, but I managed to fix the issue by adding an additional trigger line to the teleporter, 1 map unit away from the other trigger line that raises the walls. Now the map has 998 linedefs. It's now totally unlikely to not trigger both linedefs now since they are so close together.
Thanks for the feedback!

I have to say that this was a blast on coop and seemingly soft lock free. Definitely recommend it for coop/survival sessions

when I read the topic I thought it is about coding doom as authentic as possible only using 1000 lines of code. I must say I am little bit disappointed it is not meant like that ;)

Huzzah!

Congrats on the release! Thanks for putting it all together, Liberation, it was fun project to work on. :)

Congrats on the release!. Although I might have forgotten to give credits of what I used to make the status bar, oops :P 

Spoiler

paint.net basically if there's still time to update

Really good project. Glad it was completed and I was happy to contribute. The music in MAP20 is awesome.

Great stuff! Late on the party here but I've enjoyed every map and it was super interesting to see some of the more known mappers who are known for their detailing skills, have to step out of their comfort zone and make a small, underdetailed vanilla level.

Gave it a signal boost on my Twitter. :)

I play this wad for the fist time !