Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Byeblathingal1024

I am currently ALMOST done making a wad

I can't wait to see how it plays but 1st I gotta populate the motherfucker (which will take a LONG god dam time.  I have tried all the node builders but they all don't quite build the fuckin nodes correctly.  In random spots I get triangle shapes in the floor & ceiling where I can see through & see F_SKY1 showing above & below the triangle.  It chaps my ass a little bit but since its not a huge deal; not very many flakes of chapped skin fall out the bottom of my pant leg when I go to scratch it.  Has anyone else ever seen what I am talking about or know what the cause of that is?

Here's some pics of the wad, the floor you can see a sliver of sky on in the 3rd pic down, that shit happens randomly in random places several times I rebuild the nodes but never in the same spots the same size twice.

Some questionable texture choices but overall very interesting designs and layouts, and lovely 3D Floor work!

Good luck in filling this out and making sure it plays well.

4 minutes ago, Terminus said:

Some questionable texture choices but overall very interesting designs and layouts, and lovely 3D Floor work!

Good luck in filling this out and making sure it plays well.

Yea so far its got no problems except the issue I said earlier (which isn't a big issue at all) I think I may be the 1st person to have made an elevator the way I made them in this map.  Its a 3d floor BUT it doesn't require scripting to move up & down.

16 hours ago, R4L said:

Skulltag? Why not use Zandronum?

Cuz I already got Skulltag & you cant look up at 90 degrees in Zandronum (which is unacceptable) you can only look up at 45 degrees...also the mouse control to move the player around with the mouse (not the screen) wasn't as good (horribly unsensitive [which is unacceptable]) I tried Zandronum & didn't like how it didn't have the mouse sensitivity that skulltag had NOR could you look up at 90 degrees AND it didn't have somma the shit in it that skulltag had.

Edited by Byeblathingal1024

I recognize your mapping style anywhere!  I remember your YouTube playthrough of TheArena.wad that took over 24 hours to complete.  Did you ever try progressing to UDMF?

On 4/4/2019 at 3:12 PM, Byeblathingal1024 said:

Cuz I already got Skulltag & you cant look up at 90 degrees in Zandronum (which is unacceptable) you can only look up at 45 degrees...also the mouse control to move the player around with the mouse (not the screen) wasn't as good (horribly unsensitive [which is unacceptable]) I tried Zandronum & didn't like how it didn't have the mouse sensitivity that skulltag had NOR could you look up at 90 degrees AND it didn't have somma the shit in it that skulltag had.

In Zandronum, you can look up 90 degrees if you are using OpenGL.