Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dream.wad is ready to be tested! I need 2-4 beta testers. First come first serve. =P This will be the first beta. I'll send you guys the file and let you play it, tell me what needs to be changed.

Right before I posted this, I beat the level on UV with:

Health: 49% (I added a Stimpack after the run)
Kills: 79%
Items: 90%
Secrets: 0%

And, you know, I just realized this level doesn't have any secrets. Gimme some ideas for secrets. =P

GOD DAMNIT!!!

I have been working on a map for the past year (on and off) and I was planning on naming it Dream.wad because it is based on a DooM dream that I had. Oh well, time to find another name...

I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I dream about Doom all the time so that's sort of where I got it from. =P

You could always name it NANAMISTOLEMYIDEAANDSHESUCKS.wad if you wanted.

Sorry guys, I got a couple e-mails besides these posts, so the testers are...

*Drum roll*

ravage
Rich
DOOM Anomaly
myk

Thanks. ^_^ The rest of you can play when I release it. =P

Argh, I would have wanted so much to test it :( And it's even worse if you don't finish the wad before next year. Then I won't be able to play it at all... Well, after half a year maybe, but still...

What was the fastest time on it? I got 4:48 with 100% everything (with 127% kills, hidden archie?) I know I'm definately not the best (or the prettiest player either); there wasn't much health either. Definitely mucho shorter than the last one. Still good though. :)

Edit: You know I suck when I did that on Skill3 :P

Nanami said:

(The latest on the Grind project at... Oh yeah, I don't have a website.)

Well, now you do actually, sort of...

Well, I don't have a page for screenshots and downloads and stuff. =P Not unless you count /newstuff updates.

Xanthier said:

Nanami, new avatar- what's with the anime lesbians? just wondering...

Err, where have you been? She's had it for a while now. (as myne has been)

DOOM Anomaly said:

Your avatar looks good to me, I like it. ^_^

Me too. ;)

Anyway, have my testers seen the new Dream yet? I sent it but I haven't gotten anything back yet. Did it go through or...?

Nanami said:

Me too. ;)

Anyway, have my testers seen the new Dream yet? I sent it but I haven't gotten anything back yet. Did it go through or...?

Righto, it has been sent to me, I recieved it, I'm just testing each difficulty and jazz, and trying to find things to comment more on, I should have something done by tomarrow at the latest. :) Sorry if thats too late, if so, Just tell me, and I can speed up the process.

I was just wondering if everyone got it because I haven't gotten any replies at all yet. Thanks, I'm looking forward to the reviews.

I've been playing it today. The reply email is going your way tonight sometime, most likely.

Well, I havent beaten it on UV, but skills 1-2-3 are way too easy. The map is also much shorter than your last. Oh, and the yellow keep puzzle--the slime takes too much health, and with a health shortage, it can be a bit of a pain. Other than that, you have a great map Nanami.

I'm not sure. It's becoming more complex than Grind2.wad was. I started from scratch and so many things have been changed. I'm about to go into a third beta stage because I changed so many things from the original (25+ new features if I recall correctly).

I'm also sidetracked with so many other things: Doom IWAD Demo Site, Arena.wad has been thrown away and I'm starting over, Sin.wad has been thrown away and I'm starting over, I've been working on Gate.wad...

Anyway, it should be released hopefully after this next beta. I'll try and release it sometime when you're reviewing because I don't want the "surprise" effects spoiled in the review. =)

Nanami said:

Anyway, it should be released hopefully after this next beta. I'll try and release it sometime when you're reviewing because I don't want the "surprise" effects spoiled in the review. =)

...in which case you'd better get a move on, as I'm reviewing this week. (unless it's nowhere near finished, and you're planning to release it next time around)