Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyVader1138

Mac Level Editors

I've been wanting to try my hand at level editing again, but I've been having trouble with level editors for my MacBook. SLADE, which I once used, no longer seems to want to work, no matter how many times I reinstall it, and Eureka, which works okay, but I'm not 100% thrilled with.

What's a good, easy to use map maker for MacOS?

As a non-answer I implore you to install a windows VM (e.g. Parallels, VMWare), or even Boot Camp. doombuilder x and gzdoombuilder work wonderfully in lightweight environments as far back as windows XP. gzdoombuilder-bugfix will work on anything x64. I'm able to run the latest versions of SLADE on os x 10.14.3, and it's pretty rad, but the doombuilders are such a cut above alternatives that it feels criminal to suggest anything else.

27 minutes ago, Ribbiks said:

As a non-answer I implore you to install a windows VM (e.g. Parallels, VMWare), or even Boot Camp. doombuilder x and gzdoombuilder work wonderfully in lightweight environments as far back as windows XP. gzdoombuilder-bugfix will work on anything x64. I'm able to run the latest versions of SLADE on os x 10.14.3, and it's pretty rad, but the doombuilders are such a cut above alternatives that it feels criminal to suggest anything else.

I might try it.

WadC works fine on macOS, for what that's worth. I used to use it and Slade and Eureka and that's it.