Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simomarchi

GZDoom Builder copy/paste problem

Question

Hello everyone,

I've recently (like 2 hours ago) switched to GZDoom builder from Doom Builder 2. It has a lot of very useful features, like the possibility to auto-make stairs and doors, as long as many others, that in my opinion make GZDB a better editor than DB2. But there's something that really surprises me.

When I copy and then paste a decoration, for example, GZDB doesn't check for auto-adjust the floor/cieling heights in order to match them with the ones that are present in the new sector (where I've copied my decoration). I've checked in the preferences menu and it seems that this option isn't there (in DB2 it's the last one in the pasting section).

So, is possible that in such an advanced program we're missing this very useful feature? (Also I don't understand why would someone remove it having that GZDB improves quite every aspect of DB2)

7 answers to this question

Changes made in r2634 by MaxED 3 years ago

Removed "Adjust heights to match relatively with surrounding sector" 
option from Preferences -> Pasting, because sector height adjustments 
are now handled by Edit Selection mode.

Added, Edit Selection mode:
Added "Adjust height" setting. It can be used to adjust floor/ceiling 
height of selected sectors based on the sector selection was in and the 
sector selection was moved into.

Spoiler

uFEBrSV.png

However, note that GZDB is also no longer being maintained.

The current iteration is GZDBBF r3050.

Edited by Kappes Buur

think this feature was expanded into three different ways of copying sectors across.  The functionality you want is, I believe, the "Merge Dragged Geometry" option.  You can turn it on using the highlighted button on the tool bar here.

image.png.57e45137855f4e07a9bf00cff3b20f05.png

The right hand button is "Replace with dragged geometry" with maintains the original heights, while the left option converts the sectors back to simply vertexes for you to join up how you please.

Unfortunately I can see no change if I switch between the 3 modes. The result is always a sector with exactly the same properties as the one that I've copied

Everyone, at some point, discovers that side panel and goes "Holy shit, was that there this whole time?"

12 hours ago, Bauul said:

Everyone, at some point, discovers that side panel and goes "Holy shit, was that there this whole time?"

In reality it's here only when you're editing something...so it's even harder to find 

2 hours ago, Simomarchi said:

In reality it's here only when you're editing something...so it's even harder to find 

Alas, since neither Doombuilder2 nor GZDoom Builder are maintained anymore,

and have not been for years, and ZZYZX just told us that he is looking for someone

else to take over the maintenance of GZDoom Builder - Bugfix you are stuck with

learning either the ins and outs of GZDB/GZDBBF or reverting back to DB2.

3 hours ago, Simomarchi said:

What dockers are there depends on the mode you're in, so you'll not always see all dockers. What you can do is to make the docker show all the time by pressing the 3 arrow buttons at he top of the docker.

grafik.png.6b7abae2d477e7d7f6d77f573a62acdc.png

You can also set that in the preferences (Tools -> Preferences, in the bottom left of the Interface tab, there you can also change the position).