Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BrassKnight

Random facts thread

We already have a Random Image and Video thread. Why not have a Random facts thread as well? Anyways, here's a random fact:

The two-way television telephone or videophone was invented by a Filipino engineer named Gregorio Y. Zara in 1955. It was patented as a "photo phone signal separator network".

Screen-Shot-2016-04-02-at-9_48.58-PM.png.95d42e39cee3da2046b3808116fb54ad.png

The world's largest Dillard's Department Store is located in Scottsdale, Arizona and is 365,000 square feet in size.

Google was originally called Backrub. They called it this because the program analyzed the web's "back links" to understand how important a website was, and what other sites it related to.

812958192870204847.jpg.62fb794ccb1ba571acc3211e105bacdc.jpg

6 hours ago, BrassKnight said:

Google was originally called Backrub. They called it this because the program analyzed the web's "back links" to understand how important a website was, and what other sites it related to.

812958192870204847.jpg.62fb794ccb1ba571acc3211e105bacdc.jpg

One of my clients knew this and had like 40 websites to link back to a single website 20 years ago. Now that number is like 140 websites and possibly more, it's been a while since I've counted. The company has basically rigged that logic.

2 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Here's two silly ones:

Fun facts are rarely funny.

Pop quizzes don't go pop.

You drive on park ways and park on drive ways.

There is an absolutely MASSIVE spider somewhere in your bedroom right now, you just have to find it.

1 hour ago, 𝕲𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖔𝖘𝖆𝖚𝖗 said:

There is an absolutely MASSIVE spider somewhere in your bedroom right now, you just have to find it.

God, I still remember waking up one night and finding an absolutely huge cellar spider crawling on my face. I knew I had them, but I've never woken up to one crawling on my damn face. I'm sure it wasn't the first time, and it probably won't be the last, it was just the time I actually woke up to it.

In Australian Aboriginal language, when a word is said twice together it means Many.

For example, Wagga means Crows. There is a place in Australia called Wagga Wagga, suggesting many crows.

The reason why Wipeout 2097 is named Wipeout XL in the US is because Psygnosis felt that American players would not understand the concept of the game being set in the future. The US release of the game was originally titled to be Wipeout XS (Excess), but it was pointed out that XS could also stand for "extra small." 

175218-wipeout-xl-playstation-front-cover.png.ef899568d663f81cf6d6a1ffb1b120a2.png

One day, in a drunkes stupor, Stalin decided that John Wayne was a direct threat to communist values,

so he sent two assassins posing as FBI agents to kill him.

• Red assassin model file of System Shock 2 is named redass.
  • There is 60% chance you're going to meet people using JC Denton as their Youtube profile picture.

I don't trust any medical science 100%. I have to admit Emergency Care is a necessity, but about that getting stuck with a little medical knife...

In the town I live in, factually, there is a company, let's call them "Right-Brand" for the purpose of our little story here.

"Right-Brand" doesn't just have one main business, like Grocery Store, or Equipment Rental, they actually operate several different kinds of businesses, including

"Right-Brand Thrift Store"

"Right-Brand Bottle Redemption Center"

and

"Right-Brand Autism and Abilities Center"

They're always coming up with something new. Anyway, who would take their child to a "Discount Autism and Abilities Center"?

And, on that note, I'm just that much more skeptical of the "Disease" and basically all doctors.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:00 AM, tempdecal.wad said:
  • Red assassin model file of System Shock 2 is named redass.

The U.S. Census Bureau named their "Current Economic Programs Printed Survey Results: by the Monthly Imports and Exports Statistics Users Respondent Base" file impsex.pdf.

One time I was really broke with no place to live. I slept in my car for a month just so I could get through the days. And other times, I lived on the streets for a couple months  because I was so mad at my family / friends that I could barely look at their faces.

Factually, In China, if you are as poor as that and are a Chinese citizen, the Chinese government might try to HARVEST YOUR BODY PARTS. It is a literal problem there. They might just arrest you if they find you on the street so they can harvest an important body part.

But America is so believable, nobody will try to get your body parts, like your kidneys, or your heart. I'm not kidding when I say that as Americans, we are truly more well off than other poorer nations, such as Chinese Prisoners of Conscience.

I don't know anything about the efforts or people like www.stoporganharvesting.org, but you can defiantly contact your representative in government.

Support the Efforts to Stop Chinese Prisoners of Conscience from having their organs harvested, even if it's just raising your voice to tell people you know about it. And love your friends and family so that you don't ever end up in that situation.