Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YukiHerz

[GZDoom] Recreated Doom 64 Weapon

That is awesome. Really nice. I assume these sprites are already correctly sized for Doom 64 sizes? If not, I can adjust them with TEXTURES if I use them but I most likely will in the future.

Although it always looked like a flamethrower to me, so that's probably what I would make, but nothing is final. Since Doom 64 is obviously Quake inspired, having a grenade launcher makes sense though.

When I get around to making the weapon I will let you know.

7 hours ago, Nevander said:

That is awesome. Really nice. I assume these sprites are already correctly sized for Doom 64 sizes? If not, I can adjust them with TEXTURES if I use them but I most likely will in the future.

Although it always looked like a flamethrower to me, so that's probably what I would make, but nothing is final. Since Doom 64 is obviously Quake inspired, having a grenade launcher makes sense though.

When I get around to making the weapon I will let you know.

It's made for Doom 64's 1:1 aspect and sized comparatively to the Rocket Launcher.

The sprites in the PK3 don't have offsets, the offsets are already done via TEXTURES with the proper 1.2 vertical scale.

My ideas were either Grenade Launcher, Napalm Cannon or Harpoon Gun (shooting one of those trap bolts/nails from Doom 64 and making it rip through enemies).

50 minutes ago, YukiHerz said:

Harpoon Gun

This weapon sounds very interesting to me. If you could manage to make one or more weapons (meanwhile I'm with missing Doom64 monsters) who knows if another interesting Doom 64 project can come out.

4qBufKR.png

Current version of the Mancubus cannon.

I'm planning to produce both Centered and Dual Wielded sprite sets.

Mmmm, those look great. I just imagine them in single player and deathmatch mode.

@Nevander what do you think if @YukiHerz is going on doing some weapons for Doom64, meanwhile you could ask for help from mappers and I release the four missing Doom 64 monsters along the Cyber-Titan for your Retribution mod for both GZDoom and GZDoom GEC ME??

It's just an idea, nothing will happened if you don't like it...

1 hour ago, Gerardo194 said:

Mmmm, those look great. I just imagine them in single player and deathmatch mode.

@Nevander what do you think if @YukiHerz is going on doing some weapons for Doom64, meanwhile you could ask for help from mappers and I release the four missing Doom 64 monsters along the Cyber-Titan for your Retribution mod for both GZDoom and GZDoom GEC ME??

It's just an idea, nothing will happened if you don't like it...

Not entirely sure what you mean, but it sounds like what is happening already albeit very gradually. Before I can really start making progress with plot points in the episode, I need the resources or else it's just another map pack.

One other thing I need is a full front facing sprite of the Praetor Suit. If anyone can point me in the direction of one that was made please do.

I can make the Praetor Suit from scratch and give it a Doom64 style and also I can make a Doom64guy wearing it as well. What I mean is a community project led by you, adding new elements such as more monsters, weapons and maps, unless you have all of the maps done.

I'm pretty sure people can help.

Edited by Gerardo194

x70iHrK.png

Added a zip with all the current sprites for the dual and single cannon, along with the beta weapon, download link the spoiler.

Not sure if this is just the GIF, but I do see at least one row of pixels at the bottom isn't animating/changing at all.