Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Give Me Ya Pretzels

Super Doom Brothers 1.4

Ok, I know I said I will never upload this mod again.

but I just want to re-upload this mod to let people know how to not make a doom mod by looking at what I did or to just have fun with If you like it (well, if you think the mod is bad, I don't care, But I also don't care if you play it because if you like it either, but that would be cool if you guys like it)

and also I have deleted all of maps from doom 1 and 2 and now it only contains: the new characters, enemies, weapons, items, ect. but no maps except for original maps that I put into the mod.

I am sorry for what I did with the original mod and having the maps from the doom 1 and 2 iwads. I am just a teenager who doesn't understand copyright law because I have never been tough it, nor do I want to read on the copyright.org website, way to much pages to read, I got stuff to do. if someone can link a course in copyright and fair use, that would be cool. but that doesn't mean I know nothing about copyright law. I just uploaded it thinking I wouldn't have a problem with uploading it with the maps from doom 1 and doom 2. ALSO there has been a huge overhaul with the weapons and stuff. weapons are more fun to use, all of them have sounds. and some weapons are replaced, also there are only 3 characters now: Mario, Luigi, and Toad. they all have unique hurt and death sounds. anyways, if you want to try out the new and improved version here's a link https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjdd2rvbzg1gl0l/Super Doom Brothers.pk3?dl=1

P.S: I also got rid of some junk, renamed some of the weapons to make it easier to remember which one is which, and I got new Mario Sprites. also I recommend if you want the full Mario experience, to play it with this mod: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=61108&p=1061190#p1061190

P.S 2: I added Wario as a playable character

P.S 3: I fixed a delay in Wario's falling scream sound

P.S 4: you should also play this mod with the Super Mario Agilities mod (allows you to bop the heads of enemies to defeat them) link: https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/super-mario-agilities

P.S 5: I changed up the Laser rifle to be a Laser Crossbow, it can be used to gun or to snipe. and also more powerful hammer is now a fire hammer and toadsworth gives you it.

P.S 6: I fixed the color issue with some of the player sprites. and I also changed up the Flame Wormhole shotgun to be way different and I made the Fire Hammer not change the pitch of your aim.

Capture.jpg

chars.jpg

items.jpg

Luigi.jpg

mario.jpg

mayoweap.PNG

MARIOCHAR.PNG

wario.PNG

Edited by Give Me Ya Pretzels : adding new link for updated version

The only map is just a box with some linedef action on it (from slade). 

NVM, there are other "new" maps in there that are literally just copy/pasted maps from the different iwads. 

Oh, and there is sound in it that is characteristic of a terry wad. 

To sum this up: AVOID 
It's probably just another terry wad. Granted, I have not launched the pk3 but, there are obvious terry-wad signs in there. 

And for some reason, all of the doom 2 midis are in it, untouched. Actually, not just that put pretty much all of the iwads assets, unedited. 

It's not a good thing to release a wad with stolen assets (the iwads) and call it your own ;)

Edited by Yugiboy85

4 hours ago, Yugiboy85 said:

The only map is just a box with some linedef action on it (from slade). 

NVM, there are other "new" maps in there that are literally just copy/pasted maps from the different iwads. 

Oh, and there is sound in it that is characteristic of a terry wad. 

To sum this up: AVOID 
It's probably just another terry wad. Granted, I have not launched the pk3 but, there are obvious terry-wad signs in there. 

And for some reason, all of the doom 2 midis are in it, untouched. Actually, not just that put pretty much all of the iwads assets, unedited. 

It's not a good thing to release a wad with stolen assets (the iwads) and call it your own ;)

It's not a terry wad, but yet another a bad gameplay mod for Doom, at least from my lame POV :)
Also, for the OP: Add more info about your mod if this is your serious work, and more screenshots.

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer

7 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

It's not a terry wad, but yet another a bad gameplay mod for Doom, at least from my lame POV :)
Also, for the OP: Add more info about your mod if this is your serious work, and more screenshots.

Terry wad or not, it still has pretty much the entire iwad assets in there, unedited. So yeah, a bit questionable IMO

I think this could be a very interesting concept with new maps that take advantage of the different class abilities, but come on. Mario characters jump. Doomguy doesn't. (Well, vanilla Doom1guy didn't.) That fact alone makes this thing fall apart. Even standard GZDoom jumping does a fine job of breaking iwad levels, and these characters jump much higher than that. Now it seems some level modifications have been made, but it looks like mostly things.

I did some testing and it's not good. You can easily just jump to all four Doom secret exits. Dead Simple, of course, takes on a new meaning. Pretty much any "narrow - medium" gap is nullified. And that was all with the lowest jumper.

It's not good. The Heretic crossbow's (slot 2) sound doesn't seem to be heard when it's fired, the axes (slot 8) seem to have the same issue (if there was even any sound intended there to begin with). Most of the time it just doesn't feel like you're playing a Mario game/mod, just some random add-on with added projectiles/sprites to weapons. When I'm playing as red Toad it seems that the monsters' actors have added health or the Doom 64 shotgun sucks in terms of damage. 

And as stated before, you jump wayy too high. Dead Simple only took like 6 seconds to complete because of this, even on the hardest difficulty setting.

I've been getting reports of the linked file containing a full copy of the IWAD. I'm assuming mistake by author. @Give Me Ya Pretzels , please trim those resources out and reupload your file before I'm forced to remove the link, thanks.