Who?! 

Whoooooo!

I don't know! Whoooooooo!

Exactly!

Huh?

*cameras pan to a group of owls sitting on a tree*

Get a load of these idiot humans. 

On 3/8/2019 at 10:45 AM, Eris Falling said:

I don't want to derail the thread so I'll keep this fairly brief and spoilered but here's my understanding of how things went down - I was mainly watching this from the sidelines at the time, having already contributed music to a TNT2 map that was thrown out I was one of the people kinda concerned about what was happening to my work.

Reveal hidden contents
  • TNT2 starts in 2009 under leadership of Whoo
  • Kyka is one of the main level designers for TNT2, and does most of the work on the project
  • TNT2 keeps getting delayed, I remember it was approaching a deadline for a beta release when I joined the forums back in July 2012. Whoo is doing very little because he hasn't enough time due to IRL commitments so Kyka is effectively running the show
  • Somewhere around late 2013/early 2014, Whoo brings some select individuals (notably Tarnsman) on to the team to help with quality control
  • It's decided that most of Kyka's work is shit and is thrown out without consulting him although there's some stupid bullshit from both sides around this time where those guys could've approached the whole thing a lot better, but Kyka pulls his maps then unpulls them and then pulls them again so you can't blame anyone for not understanding what the fuck was going on at this time. To be fair a lot of those maps needed some serious tuning up.
  • Six million thread splits to post hell later things finally start to calm down and while Kyka's work isn't getting back into TNT2, he decides to start his own version of the project, which was Revilution.

The thing is he later disappeared without adequate warning, leaving me and eventually Jaws in Space (mostly Jaws) to pick up the pieces and we had to scrap a fair few maps ourselves (the rejects going to what would have been Convilution). Revilution is probably closer to what TNT2 was before the split than TNT2 itself is now, but still quite different.

Although there were arguments before this, the post that sparked the final argument leading to the split can be found on page 75 of the original TNT2 thread. Enjoy reading a solid block of bullshit all the way through to page 81.

iirc Devilution was quietly doing its own thing up until Xaser's wicked-cool submission at which point a lot of outside people (esp. Tarnsman) began to seriously look at the project.

1 hour ago, kmxexii said:

iirc Devilution was quietly doing its own thing up until Xaser's wicked-cool submission at which point a lot of outside people (esp. Tarnsman) began to seriously look at the project.

The fork of Revilution from the hotbed of drama that happened at least gave us a new wad to play alongside TNT2. Without tarns and the other dude at each other's throats, we wouldn't have Revilution. Which I guess you can say at this point is "TNT Revisited". 

Holy shit, I never thought I'd see the day where I'd this project finished!

If you're still looking for playtesters, then count me in!

Heh. Sunder,  Deus Vult 2, BTSX 3. It's the year of the return of projects one didn't expect to see.  Next in line, a sequel to Mordeth. ..

On 3/17/2019 at 3:38 AM, Pirx said:

Heh. Sunder,  Deus Vult 2, BTSX 3. It's the year of the return of projects one didn't expect to see.  Next in line, a sequel to Mordeth. ..

Careful, you might jinx it!

Still interested in testing this.

I would like to test UV-Max just so there's no repeat of TNT's issues.

Had a couple of setbacks but will be driving this forward again soon, we haven't forgotten it.

I'll be a son of a bitch. Although it would've been done six years ago with as much work people SAID was getting done, the day has finally come.

2 hours ago, Marcaek said:

redacted

not exactly, lol. I can make out quite a few of the names.

39 minutes ago, kmxexii said:

Same. Especially considering Done. and WIP. are some of my favorite mappers - I look for their names on every project thread.

1 hour ago, kmxexii said:

Oh no, what an unexpected and entirely accidental happening :^)

46 minutes ago, Marcaek said:

Oh no, what an unexpected and entirely accidental happening :^)

🤔:think:

Edited by Chalibluefin

I'm excited for a good Map 31 and 32, plus a map like Mount Pain, Wormhole & Stronghold.

Eeeek I cannot wait :D

6 minutes ago, Bob9001 said:

like Mount Pain

Can't wait for more people moaning in pain for the hitscanners in the openwide ;P

1 hour ago, franckFRAG said:

I guessed that the slot 25 is a map by AD_79 :]

I can make other guesses :)

map 27 is probably by am_mutt 

map 11 is probably by Valkriforce (I think)

map 8 is probably by Tango + Tarnsman

map 9 and 19 probably by Tarnsman

etc etc

On 4/11/2019 at 7:07 PM, Marcaek said:

Just so people don't think we're full of shit, this is a redacted copy of an internal progress spreadsheet we've been using.

tnt2progress.png.3a8c11eae4f9e46afd85816233042a69.png

I was waiting until the last 3 maps were finished, but if it takes much longer I'll start getting people on board to test what is done regardless.

I think I played a version of this from a few years back. I really liked it, but I would suggest just trying to make sure it comes out this year. No need to rush it brother.

I dont think a late release would be ideal. This is something I would expect people to slowly digest and sit on. Eviternity blows people away with visuals but I was not a huge fan of how it played. So youll need people to digest this wad a bit- but I figure if you get it out within 3-4 months you should have plenty of time to win over the community. Don't rush it a single second, imo.

Edited by Mk7_Centipede

2 hours ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

I think I played a version of this from a few years back. I really liked it, but I would suggest just trying to make sure it comes out this year. No need to rush it brother.

I dont think a late release would be ideal. This is something I would expect people to slowly digest and sit on. Eviternity blows people away with visuals but I was not a huge fan of how it played. So youll need people to digest this wad a bit- but I figure if you get it out within 3-4 months you should have plenty of time to win over the community. Don't rush it a single second, imo.

I think if there's 3 maps left to be completed this is pretty close to beta testing, it's not been rushed this has been in development for what 6 years.

Soon my friend we can all enjoy :D

that the developer of this mod, be blessed with much creativity to make the maps that are missing, if possible to do in the medieval style, with enough bridges and holes with lava, etc.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:10 PM, Mk7_Centipede said:

Can't help but agree, Visually, Eviternity is a near masterpiece, but its gameplay really lacked flow and inspiration. What I liked from playing TNT: Revilution was that it's combat felt like something from the original TNT, despite its modern enemy placement and style.(No hitscanners in the wide open like Mount Bullshit) That's what I am hoping for with TNT2: Devilution. A flow similar to that of the classic TNT, but with modern polish and gameplay design. As much as I liked habitat, I know everyone else thought it was a pile of crap.