Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Havok

Doom Poster Differences

Here's a picture of the Ultimate Doom official folded poster:

258680147_TheUltimateDoomGenuineFoldedPosterSigned.jpg.da53a9f8219699fcd8897a6d6fa4a536.jpg

The above official poster has the bottom half of the Doom logo in yellow. But all the reprints without folds on them have that part in orange and the orange doesn't look right. Such as the poster download from here as shown below:

https://github.com/fragglet/doom-cover-art/blob/master/posters/DoomPoster.jpg

Should the Doom logo be orange or yellow?

251279006_DoomPosterHighQualityforPrinting(JPG)837KB.jpg.1017a2c73656de57fa3a90028ba3849e.jpg

Apart from the colour of the yellow Doom logo I think the yellow logo looks better but I can't put my finger on it as to why that is.

Is there anywhere I can download the correct looking poster or buy one? I've looked on Ebay and Etsy but they're all using the orange coloured logo.

Is there anywhere to buy or download a poster that does NOT have the black background?

Is there any poster that doesn't have the ID logo?

Why does the Thy Flesh Consumed poster have a pink colour in USA where the game was made yet Europe gets the red colour. The poster in the ID office is red.

They look identical to me. Pretty sure the first one could look different because of it being a photo and there is lighting.

I’m pretty sure the bottom one features the intended color scheme while the top one has oversaturated colors. Every print I can find, new or old, is like the bottom one. I think this is a case of a very slight printing error that just happens to look better to some people. I can see why, it pops a bit more with the brighter colors but I’m 99% sure it’s just a happy accident. The vast majority of people probably wouldn’t notice the difference at a glance, I know I wouldn’t have.

OK thanks. Can anybody help with answers to these questions please:

Is there anywhere to buy or download a poster that does NOT have the black background?

Is there any poster that doesn't have the ID logo?

Why does The Ultimate Doom: Thy Flesh Consumed poster have a pink colour in USA where the game was made yet Europe gets the red colour. The poster in the ID office is red.

I thought the Thy Flesh Consumed poster in the id Software office was a one off? This says the poster was banned in Europe so i don't know if they ever made any besides this one.

Also, is this the one that was in the studio back in the day like this post says? Was it actually given to Joe Rogan too? If so, holy shit, i never knew that!

Capture.PNG.54db09c457ba53333c9c46fd3898dd09.PNG

13 hours ago, CyberDreams said:

I thought the Thy Flesh Consumed poster in the id Software office was a one off? This says the poster was banned in Europe so i don't know if they ever made any besides this one.

Also, is this the one that was in the studio back in the day like this post says? Was it actually given to Joe Rogan too? If so, holy shit, i never knew that!

That's the coolest poster yet - I want one! It'd be perfect for t-shirts too.