Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

Birthday Speedmap for NIH

Spoiler

i used the balls

Spoiler

(with saves and loads and not max :D) gotta be careful with those rad suits

And here we go, could finally sit down and play for a bit.

Secret missed:
boom_NIH.zip

Secret found:
boom_NIH_max.zip

(clocks in at 2:40 or something)

Cute map, nothing too difficult once the gimmick is used properly I suppose. Speaking of gimmicks, I like gimmicks, and this one is certainly fun to use. I wouldn't be surprised if this map could be maxed in 1:5X, maybe even faster. I lost some seconds to not hitting the exit switch before clearing everything out (would have been time saved easily while dispatching the 4 viles for example) so whoever wants to grind this a bit can save valuable seconds there. It's one of those "in hindsight I should have done it that way" kind of things I guess :P

Many many thanks for making this, even though I said I don't make a big deal out of my birthday.

Edited by Nine Inch Heels : typo

I don't really know you, but Happy Birthday nonetheless NIH :) I noticed that i am following you, probably because i was reading a few threads and agreed with a lot of what you had to say in them haha. Maybe i'll give this map a try but i have a funny feeling that it's going to be more than i can handle ;)

Edited by CyberDreams : adding more, update

Happy belated birthday to you. It's been so long since we've chatted. Would love to catch up. Infernal blessings, my friend. 

<3 Good map fun times

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rn3ft2psr96g0q/BOOMFonze.zip?dl=1

Unfortunately I had to split the recording into 2 demos because my computer's sound messed up and all I could hear was a duh-duh sound repeated over and over, but the second demo was made directly after the first so no stupid deaths were missed ;p I did wind up using a save (quite a few times) at the half-way point because I sux and am clumsy, heh. This map kicked my ass and idk if I got the strategy right, will watch other demos here shortly.

I loved the gimmick of the map and good on you for making it unlikely to break when mobs crowd the area, though there were definitely some occasions where they took their sweet time teleporting in, which threw off my already bad timing and resulted typically in deaths lol. I also liked the oppressive way the encounter developed as I played, constantly keeping the pressure on. Didn't notice that so much of the floor wasn't damaging so I could have used the rad suits to better effect, but damn the two in the corners of the starting area! Haha.

Happy belated birthday NiH and thanks for sharing this map rd :D I had a lot of fun playing it. <3 y'all