Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hunterr42

My (half-complete) "first" WAD. Enjoy!

So, this is my "first" wad- and by "first" I mean "The first map i'm a little bit proud of". It's probably too short, but oh well.

I've been working on it for 3 days, total time put into it is around.. 4 hours? (whilst going very slowly)

It's for Doom II, in vanilla doom format. Made in GZDB, Tested in GZDoom.

I have plans to turn MAP02 into an actual level, but for now, it's just a little room thanking you for playing. If you guys enjoy the level and want to see it continued, then I will consider doing so.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvga0xyhxqg5f9b/wtfdoicallthis.wad?dl=0

Please let me know what you liked, what you disliked, and if you have any suggestions/tips/criticisms I'm willing to hear them.

mapss1.png

mapss2.png

mapss3.png

mapss5.png

Masterpiece.

image.png.16d27a76728b15ac35cff3c597b109c5.png

For real though, this is pretty good for a first shot, though it is extremely linear. The player doesn't have many options. Also it worked well in PRBOOM besides the HOMs at the beginning.

3 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

Masterpiece.

image.png.16d27a76728b15ac35cff3c597b109c5.png

haha yeah i know that bit looks super silly but i couldn't figure out how to print custom text to the screen (or if that's even possible in Doom format?)
I'll work on making levels with multiple paths in the future

Just now, hunterr42 said:

haha yeah i know that bit looks super silly but i couldn't figure out how to print custom text to the screen (or if that's even possible in Doom format?)
I'll work on making levels with multiple paths in the future

Yeah, you can't do that in Doom format, what you should have done instead is have that room lead back to the shed somehow.

Just now, Egg Boy said:

Yeah, you can't do that in Doom format, what you should have done instead is have that room lead back to the shed somehow.

The text thing is a shame. Good point about the shed room, but I liked having the pillars raise to reveal some imps in the house, i guess i was just being stubborn 

Just now, hunterr42 said:

The text thing is a shame. Good point about the shed room, but I liked having the pillars raise to reveal some imps in the house, i guess i was just being stubborn 

This is something I struggle with too, sometimes you have to give up your artistic vision for playability.

Hello, i have played your first Wad and posted in my youtube channel. I do it for fun and to encourage new mappers. Keep it up;)

Cheers 

Nice. I like the roof lights and its lighting effect in the dark corridor (in the 4th picture).

This map could be called "Back to shed", simple yet ominous sounding :)

Good Job! I entertained playing this map 

Edited by Bites!

3 hours ago, Jaxo83 said:

Nice. I like the roof lights and its lighting effect in the dark corridor (in the 4th picture).

This map could be called "Back to shed", simple yet ominous sounding :)

Back to Shed X

Appreciate the kind words guys, glad you've enjoyed this little thing. I've done a bit of toying around and I think I'll start working on another level Soon™.

20 hours ago, therektafire said:

Back to Shed X

If he makes a sequel to this map it could be called 'Back 2 Shed'