Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOM Anomaly

Jingle Jingle Jingle...

What do you think of the Feast of the Winter Solstice (any of the winter holidays)?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Feast of the Winter Solstice (any of the winter holidays)?

• I wish it were FotWS every day of the year!
    • I like FotWS-time
    • I m cool with it. (cool! get it? :p)
    • I don t like FotWS. Too commercial.
    • I don t like FotWS. Too religious.
    • I don t like FotWS for some other reason. Bah humbug.
    • I fail to care.

Hiya, hold your head in utter despair for the vast ammount of uncanny anguish has elapsed among this forum, for I have posted yet another pointless thread.

Now to the point, I think...

Just last night I noticed that my christmas Dee-Lee's were being put up (and no, I didnt help, I had many important things to do...like spam...and, and Doom.), despite I find it a bit early, meh, not like it bothers me.

Now tell me for the sake of nothing, when does happen in which it is when you put up your Christmas Dee-Lee's? (if you celebrate it, if you dont, sorry, just ignore me, like usual.)

Righto, you may now unbar your doors and windows, for the great nothing that is I, has departed....for now...

You know what's sad? We still don't have our christmas decorations up yet. We usually have them up before thanksgiving. DAMN PROUD OT BE WIERD!!

Err, eggnog spiking time again... :P

Ours are up. It's mostly just the tree (fake with those tiny white lights) and a few almost inconspicuous decorations around the house. We usually have candle-like lights in the windows, but apparently not this year.

By the way, here's some advice: Do not, and I repeat, do not even bother leaving the house on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I'm sure you all know how insane it is out there every year on that day, but I have never seen it this bad before. At a mall, there was a Kay-Bee toy store. There were people in a line waiting simply to get in the place. I passed by there over an hour later and the very same people were waiting in the very same spots. In other words, the line had not moved one bit. Apparently, they let three people in the place at a time, but the problem is that there was no time limit for the amount of time that they could spend in there.

It wasn't just this store that had problems. Every department store and Wal Mart-type store had parking lots filled to capacity and lines of people waiting to get inside.

All this was before sunrise, so you can only imagine what it was like by the afternoon.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Spam is spam, ya know. Is to me anyways. :P

/Me has a dream of banning DOOM Anomaly for excessive spam.
:-P

We're mainly celebrating Christmas for Raven's benefit - tho my parents have insisted on lavishing gifts upon us. Not that they're overly religious or anything; they, like most, use it as an excuse to exchange presents.

ANYWAY - no decorations up. Yet.

dsm said:

/Me has a dream of banning DOOM Anomaly for excessive spam.
:-P

Keep dreaming, someday you might, patince GrassHopper, but take heed, someone else may be head-hunting the DOOM Anomaly, silently...awaiting their time...(Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnn)

DOOM Anomaly said:

Keep dreaming, someday you might, patince GrassHopper, but take heed, someone else may be head-hunting the DOOM Anomaly, silently...awaiting their time...(Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnn)

Shut up spammer. :-P

DOOM Anomaly said:

See sig. :P

No clue. My family prolly doesn't have our stuff up yet.

We've been getting short little christmas trees and putting them up on a table ever since we got a chew-curious Rottweieler puppy. You know the scene in "Christmas Vacation" with the cat and the tree lights? We do not want that to happen, even if the shock wouldn't even slow my dog down.

Calm down Dsm, it is just Doom Anomaly acting mysterious as usual.

He isn't that bad after all. Better vent your anger on the real morons out there, lest you'll scare half the forums away.

The tree stays up all year - the cat likes getting under it. The decorations go on some time in November or December and get taken off some time in the period February to July, depending on when someone can be bothered.

A Christmassy thing (sorry, I mean dee-lee) normally gets put on the front door on Christmas Day.

BTW, does anyone else have a habit of blasting through Christmas Doom on Christmas Day each year?

I have not been invited to Christ's birthday party...

Christmas doesn’t have anything to do with religion...
[insert anti-capitalist rant]

Seriously, I'm not Christian, but I don't see any reason not to celebrate it. It’s an excuse to get free upgrades and eat ham.

Ct_red_pants said:

Seriously, I'm not Christian, but I don't see any reason not to celebrate it. It’s an excuse to get free upgrades and eat ham.

What's wrong with free upgrades and ham?

the lights outside my house never came down (thank you grandpa for that), and only one string of the five works. he also put up the stuff in his windows, around his apartment, and a litte tree in the hallway.

as far as christmas celebrating goes, I only "celebrate cuz my family does. I personally celebrate the solstice (just like all the other seasonal changes).

Since my mom won't let me move out of the house for college, I had to help her put lights up on the house yesterday and today. We're supposed to put our trees (yes, plural) up next weekend. We're about on schedual, maybe running behind with the trees a bit. Though, it seems a little pointless from the religious side of Christmas, since I decided not to be Roman Catholic anymore (which was about two or three years ago, when I became Athiest...which was going 'till last year).

Little Faith said:

Calm down Dsm, it is just Doom Anomaly acting mysterious as usual.

He isn't that bad after all. Better vent your anger on the real morons out there, lest you'll scare half the forums away.

You know, I DID add a ':-P' to both of my posts. At least I can see them, can you?
And yup, I'm perfectly calm. :-P

dsm said:

You know, I DID add a ':-P' to both of my posts. At least I can see them, can you?
And yup, I'm perfectly calm. :-P

Hmmmm, why are your knees wobbling then...and why are you biting your nails?
Why oh why do you have bloodshot eyes?
/me hides in corner.

doomedout said:

Hmmmm, why are your knees wobbling then...and why are you biting your nails?
Why oh why do you have bloodshot eyes?
/me hides in corner.

Are you still here? :-P

What do you think of the Feast of the Winter Solstice (any of the winter holidays)?

• I wish it were FotWS every day of the year!
  • I like FotWS-time
  • I m cool with it. (cool! get it? :p)
  • I don t like FotWS. Too commercial.
  • I don t like FotWS. Too religious.
  • I don t like FotWS for some other reason. Bah humbug.
  • I fail to care.

Woah Dude thats crazy! when did a poll get added?? And How?