Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

2 hours ago, CaptainMitchell said:

So I played it and I enjoyed it! Played on ultra violence and removed mouse look. I am not sure, but I assume you are supposed to be able to jump? There is a typo at the very start with the on screen message saying Priamry instead of Primary. Other than that, I enjoyed it. The visuals were nice, the enemy placements were good, and I enjoyed the music.

Man that typo slipped right by me lol. Yes jumping is allowed. Thanks for the feedback!

6 minutes ago, Empyre said:

For screenshots from the editor's 3D mode, press H to remove the highlight, so whatever your cursor is on won't glow yellow-orange.  Press H again afterwards to return to normal.  I see that you did already remove the extent boxes from around the things.

I didn't know that thanks for the tip. Is there any way to hide the cursor all together?

3 hours ago, Misty said:

I suggest to make thread about map, because the more people will post about their mapping progress here in this thread, the more chances that you get minimum or zero feedback about your creation. 

Good to know ill remember for next time. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, ejboogy said:

Is there any way to hide the cursor all together?

Not that I know of.

Decide to make a little video from wad i've been working. The second reason i made this except that i got borred is to get some feedback. I'm honestly quite unsatisfied with the progress so far but i kinda like it aswell. What do you guys think?

On jeudi 18 avril 2019 at 7:30 PM, Marlamir said:

Decide to make a little video from wad i've been working. The second reason i made this except that i got borred is to get some feedback. I'm honestly quite unsatisfied with the progress so far but i kinda like it aswell. What do you guys think?

Combat doesn't seem very exciting. Looking at the video it's basically cleaning up room after room of low-to-mid tier enemies with the pump shotgun. It needs more variety, more weapons and reasons to switch from one to another. Try to alternate encounters between chaingun, shotgun, and rocket launcher.

Art-wise it's a bit all over the place. I don't like the lost soul reskin, it doesn't seem to fit the setting. The Anubis monster's art style is completely different from the rest, so it's another problem.

On 4/18/2019 at 12:30 PM, Marlamir said:

This looks awesome man keep at it! On the first level how did you make the grate texture on the floor see through to show the sky beneath it?

Low-Lifes and High-Rises: the first map in what I call Heavy Metal Armageddon - a game where you play as Mord, The Trigger of God, a divine being the Eternal One calls whenever He wants to press the reset button. It's you vs. the future. The only thing you should spare are the decent people -- or would be, if there were any left.

My mirst mod ever. First map ever. Finishable, not yet textured and detailed. Have to add additional custom weapon and enemies - but first need to create them... Frankly, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know it's what I'd like to play and I'm having lots of fun. :)

Screenshot_Doom_20190423_214524.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190423_214539.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190423_220327.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190423_220359.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190423_220419.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190423_220709.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190420_231035.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190423_214253.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190423_214329.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190423_214351_01.png

Hello all,

I'm taking my mapping more seriously this year after quite a long hiatus. I'm currently working on the first map of a 6 map episode. I'm aiming to post the initial map on here for feedback etc, and then I will crack on and complete the remainder of the episode. It will be based on abstract and surreal map design, as the overall theme for the wad is a dream / nightmare. I've attached a teaser of my current progress, but will go into further details on what I'm doing after the map is done. 

Spoiler

Current ProgressConcept Map.png