Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CoyoteComrade

The Moral Question Of Brutal Doom

Brutal Doom. It's an excellent mod, no doubt, but it's fairly common knowledge that the creator is quite a jackass. I won't go over the details here, but the uninitiated can see the accusations here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/2y23eb/the_brutal_doom_fiasco/

So, here's the question: Is playing Brutal Doom, knowing what we know, ok? We aren't financially supporting Mark, but we're no doubt supplementing his ego. I'm eager to hear people's thoughts.

If you like it, play it. If you don't, don't.

If you like it and others don't, don't try to make them play it. If you don't like it and others do, don't piss and moan about them playing it.

It's pretty simple and applies to almost any map or game mod.

Sgt. Mark and Brutal Doom are pretty unpopular here on Doomworld, both because of his attitude and because the mod gets a huge amount of attention compared to a lot of things that deserve it more. If you enjoy the mod, you might as well play it -- just don't support him as a person or give him money on Patreon or anything like that.

Let's not dig this whole flamewar up again. The accusations about Sgt. Mark are well known at this stage and there's nothing to gain from going over them again. If you feel like that puts you in a moral dilemma then I suggest you don't play his mods.