Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hunter4858

Ultimate Doom Visor text is messed up

Just as the title says. For some reason the menu text is weird. It's kinda combined and isn't spaced out enough which makes it kinda hard to read. It only started happening after I updated GzDoom to the latest version. Other mods seem to be fine. I don't know what could have caused this as before it was ok.

gzdoom_2019_04_20_15_19_43_489.png

Probably due to the font changes in GZDoom 4.0.0. You'll either need for the mod to be updated, or (assuming it's possible) to supply a different font for the menus.

I thought I heard some murmurings about that, but I'm not 100% sure. So for a definitive answer, I summon thee, @Graf Zahl!

3 hours ago, Hunter4858 said:

It only started happening after I updated GzDoom to the latest version.

LPT: If something goes wrong after updating something, or something is wrong in some obvious way, or even if it's something minor you don't like... odds are the last update caused it. That doesn't mean 100% of the time, but it's close.

Also there's no need to always be on the latest version. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. The only real need to update is if there's some new fancy mod you want to play that needs it, but even then you could just use a dedicated folder for that mod with the version it requires and stick to your ideal version or just one that "works with everything" for anything else.

Speaking from experience. I still use GZDoom 2.2.0 as my main play version.

4 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Probably due to the font changes in GZDoom 4.0.0. You'll either need for the mod to be updated, or (assuming it's possible) to supply a different font for the menus.

I thought I heard some murmurings about that, but I'm not 100% sure. So for a definitive answer, I summon thee, @Graf Zahl!

Alright, thanks! Well I doubt that the guy will update UDV just for the menu.

1 hour ago, Nevander said:

LPT: If something goes wrong after updating something, or something is wrong in some obvious way, or even if it's something minor you don't like... odds are the last update caused it. That doesn't mean 100% of the time, but it's close.

Also there's no need to always be on the latest version. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. The only real need to update is if there's some new fancy mod you want to play that needs it, but even then you could just use a dedicated folder for that mod with the version it requires and stick to your ideal version or just one that "works with everything" for anything else.

Speaking from experience. I still use GZDoom 2.2.0 as my main play version.

Actually, the Guncaster mod was why I updated it in the first place. It used to just give an error at the start and not launch but after I updated GZDoom it worked. I only use UDV for Project Brutality so I guess it isn't such a big deal. Thanks for the reply!