Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rulero

Texture artist looking for collaboration

Hello Evryone.

My name is Remco Ernst, I am a texture artist / graphic designer from Holland.

I prefer creating textures the oldschool way as i think it allows for a game to give it a more personal touch.

many FPS games of the nineties could be recognised just by their texturework.

Big inspirations are ofcourse Kevin cloud and Adrian carmack.

I really love compositioning and creating abstract environments with selfmade texture sets.

However i am not a level designer, instead i just love to create Architectural visualisations for FPS games.

My first project as a texture artist was Wrack, the oldschool fps by skulltags creator (Brad Carney) that has been released in 2014.

The musical score was done by Bobby Prince. I have had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Cloud and John Romero at quakecon 2014, who convinced me to go trough with it.

The second Wrack game i worked for is not barely using BSP(like)  architecture anymore, and i really miss doing textures this way.

When i recently build my portfolio i came to the conclusion that i had a lot of assets but they all had the cartoony cell shaded Wrack style, and where already 5 years old.

My skillset has improved a lot troughout the years, so as a means of expanding my portfolio would really love to create a completeley new textureset that fits Doom, without recycling or using parts of existing textures. My question herebey is if there are any (Mega)Wad creators / mappers / modders that want a completely new textureset in a certain style or theme. Let me know! :)

You can take a look at the Wrack texturesets that i have displayed over here!

https://www.artstation.com/rulero/albums/1369721

Well, if you want to create Doom-like stuff, I've got a project proposal that is aiming to recreate Doom, but in a style that matches the actual maps in the intermission.

Problem is, despite more than a few slots being claimed, nobody's submitted any maps yet. :P

And it'd probably be ideal to get feedback from the mappers on what they'd like/need.

45 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Well, if you want to create Doom-like stuff, I've got a project proposal that is aiming to recreate Doom, but in a style that matches the actual maps in the intermission.

Problem is, despite more than a few slots being claimed, nobody's submitted any maps yet. :P

And it'd probably be ideal to get feedback from the mappers on what they'd like/need.

This looks very cool! i would love to contribute textures to that. can i contact you somewhere?

1 minute ago, Rulero said:

This looks very cool! i would love to contribute textures to that. can i contact you somewhere?

Sure thing. Got a preferred method? Skype? Discord?

Throw me it in a PM.