Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

What is Doom Epidemic?

This site: doomworld.com/epidemic has always intrigued me when I was going to this site's front page. It has a crazy, unhealthy name to it. However, when I go to it now, it says "Under construction". Wasn't it actually available years before or am I dreaming?

Bloodshedder said:

That looks like a nice website for Doom fans, and thanks for these links to show what the website was like back then.

Mr. Chris said:

Permanently under construction it seems.

If that's the case, then it looks like they'll never finish the website because they'll be building the website for the rest of their lives. :P

If I had to make something titled Doom epidemic, it would be a game mode with X amount of players and they all fight against waves of enemies, but when they die, they don't die they just turn into a former human. The winner is the one that is the lone survivor. As for the former humans, when they die, they just respawn, but the longer the live they turn into former sergeants, former commandos, imps, knights, barons, then the cyber demon :-)

On 3/25/2012 at 9:52 PM, Glaice said:

Permanently under construction it seems.

"Permanently Under Construction" is what I should've called it. haha

Yes, it's me. The webmaster of Doomworld's hosted site that never was. I realize this thread is seven years old, but I just stumbled upon it and figured I should respond.

Truth be told, the site has always felt like unfinished business for me. I very much regret not getting it off the ground. Girlfriends, work, and a lack of web development skills were the main culprits. My hiatuses were so lengthy that Telefragged would often change my FTP login for security reasons, which only added to my discouragement. Frankly, I bit off more than I could chew.

Not-so-fun fact: The site was originally called DOOMed Millennium when it opened in 1999. I changed the name in early 2000 for whatever reason.

Seriously, impressive that you found the thread, and decided to respond to boot. Now you're pushing 40, and must feel a lot older. :P

4 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Now you're pushing 40, and must feel a lot older. :P

Yeah. :(  Still play Doom on occasion though, so I have that going for me at least. Glad to see Doomworld is still alive and well.

5 hours ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

So, do you have any wisdom to instill upon us? or have you simply come back to kill us in deathmatch?

Arthritis in the fingers, man. Can't make them BFGs as silent as he used to.