Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

Who are your favorite Super Heroes?

Who or what are your favorite super heroes from all forms of media they appear in?
I am quite the fan of Iron Man because of all his cool armor designs and even though he has everything one could ask for you still feel bad for the guy :''(

Spoiler

Tony Stark is Iron Man!!!

Donnie Darko, he did time travel to save the world. Scott Bacula because he helps the production crew load up their trucks at the end of a day filming so he can go home to their families quicker. I've been known to put out a few fires myself. People ill equipped to deal with the craziness that life brings them, but they do it anyway.

Other than that, I'll go with Doomguy or if you want a more conventional answer... Batman. He beats up clowns like a drunk uncle at a child's birthday party.

Newspaper Spider-Man because he's stupid and useless and the plot is always resolved by someone else, usually non-super powered.

TIi6L7A.gif

PBXLGWP.gif

Daredevil, Batman, Batwoman, Batman Beyond (aka Terry McGinnis, yes I know, that's 3 Bat characters at this point but hey), Wolverine, Rorschach, Venom, Deadpool, Dr Strange, The Punisher, Moon Knight, Hit-Girl.

Eh, some anti-heroes (and not all characters with powers) too, but who cares. I will not pretend to have read all the comics or seen all the appearances in every media of every character I have mentioned (heck, in the case of Rorschach I'm basing my opinion solely on the movie at this time). In other cases, I've followed the history and evolution of the character quite closely (Moon Knight for instance, aside from a few team ups with the Avengers I've basically read every comic, same for Venom, there's only a few runs I'm yet to read). And speaking of Venom, he may have started as Spider-Man's nemesis, and the symbiote did end up in the hands of a few villains on occasion, but otherwise he's buried that past long ago. In fact, I'd argue that that change was effectively done with Lethal Protector way back in 1993.

I have read every comic based on Batman Beyond though + seen the cartoon, that's a character I'm fully up to date with.

Edited by seed

@seedYou should read Watchmen it's pretty good :)
Also when you say Batwoman do you mean Batwoman the character created for the one and only purpose of not making Batman look gay or Batgirl?

5 minutes ago, SOSU said:

@seedYou should read Watchmen it's pretty good :)
Also when you say Batwoman do you mean Batwoman the character created for the one and only purpose of not making Batman look gay or Batgirl?

I do intend to read the comic(s?) eventually :D .

As about the other question, um, not sure I understand? Why was the character created doesn't really interest me, so long as the character itself is not crap and not serving only as a means to an end.

Watchmen is just 12 issues but there are some character specific prologue comcis and a sequel
i though about reading those but then i thought to myself "why?" the story has a definitive start, middle and end an everything else around it doesn't really add anything.

I was just asking who you mean by Batwoman since there are multiple of those (Silver age Batwoman who was made because the book "Seduction of the innocent" said that Batman and Robin promote homosexuality,Batgirl who is Barbara Gordon and the Batwoman you seem to like)
I didn't know that there was a modern Batwoman so i thought you either meant Batmans armcandy or Batgirl :'') (I don't really read modern comics for now, still reading bronze age stuff)

Probably the Phantom, but I am not a big fan of super heroes. However I have enjoyed some of the Batman games and movies so maybe he can be another.

Edited by Avoozl

5 minutes ago, SOSU said:

Watchmen is just 12 issues but there are some character specific prologue comcis and a sequel
i though about reading those but then i thought to myself "why?" the story has a definitive start, middle and end an everything else around it doesn't really add anything.

I was just asking who you mean by Batwoman since there are multiple of those (Silver age Batwoman who was made because the book "Seduction of the innocent" said that Batman and Robin promote homosexuality,Batgirl who is Barbara Gordon and the Batwoman you seem to like)
I didn't know that there was a modern Batwoman so i thought you either meant Batmans armcandy or Batgirl :'') (I don't really read modern comics for now, still reading bronze age stuff)

12 issues, that's not much, might actually start later today.

No, I didn't mean Batgirl (do people confuse Barbara Gordon with Kate Kane?). By "Batwoman" I was referring to the character from DC's Rebirth series from 2016 onward since that's where I started. Thanks for that trivia though, lol.

2 minutes ago, seed said:

No, I didn't mean Batgirl (do people confuse Barbara Gordon with Kate Kane?)

I call her Batwoman sometimes :'')

My all time favorite character is Conan. Read tons of Conan comics way back when, especially Conan The Barbarian and Savage Sword and have a good sized collection. Also read the Howard stories a few times (picked up a copy of The Complete Chronicles of Conan a couple years ago) and various Conan books by other authors. Still have to finish The Further Chronicles of Conan by Robert Jordan.

As for super heroes. I always liked Spider-man. (@Gez Lol @ the newspaper Spider-man). I remember watching those old school Spider-man cartoons when I was a kid. They were corny but fun. Also like Batman and Wonder Woman.

The Punisher is one of my favorites because he has no superpowers, he's just a guy kicking ass and getting revenge for his family.

Doomguy, Duke Nukem, Caleb (Blood: One Unit Whole Blood), B.J. Blazkowicz (Wolfenstein 3D), and Lo Wang (Shadow Warrior).

What, were you expecting characters from Marvel or DC? I hardly pay any attention to anything from them.

Deadpool, Batman, Spider-Man, Wolverine, The Punisher, Honey Kisaragi and Kenshiro. I also really love Magneto from Earth-295, even more so than his more well known Earth-616 counterpart. 

Edited by Ajora

In terms of more traditional superheroes, The Punisher and Batman.

Less traditional pick would definitely be Goku.

James Bond

Maybe if I seriously answered. I'd go with Batman. I'm not much of a super hero fan, so Batman appeals to me that he doesn't actually have super powers. 

Batman's power is plot armor. Seriously, at this point the idea of "normal dude Batman" is just a meme. 

Spiderman for me. It's a fantasy of mine, to be the hopeless nerd in love with his dream girl, then randomly get super powers and turn into a badass to fight crime and eventually get the babe.

Superman, but not the nerfed Superman of today.  I mean the real Superman from when I was growing up, who could fly to a planet around another star, save that planet, and fly back to Earth before anybody notices that Clark Kent is missing.  Some people say that he is too perfect, but that is exactly why I admire him.

My real-life hero is not somebody that many people would think of as a hero, Mr. Rogers.  I want to be more like him.

8 minutes ago, Empyre said:

My real-life hero is not somebody that many people would think of as a hero, Mr. Rogers.  I want to be more like him.

Fred Rogers was a hero in every sense possible.

The Punisher, but specifically 80s and early 90s Punisher. As in, before Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon turned him into a moronic cartoon character.

image.png.74abb272803da3bea0a3a952ca90332c.png

Over the past 30 years he's been turned into a joke by hack writers and artists who couldn't write consistent tone or draw actual human facial expressions if their lives depended on it. 80s and 90s Frank Castle was a throwback to the Executioner novels by Don Pendleton (before his name became a pseudonym for a team of staff writers). His early long-term comic runs boiled down to action movie scenarios that were either single issue one-shots or multi-issue arcs, and there were a lot of great ones, some of which i mention on my site.

Look these issues up and see for yourself. You'll hate Ennis and Dillon as much as I do.

The Ghost of Wall Street

(Punisher #8 and #9)

Fortress Miami

(Punisher #89 through #92)

The Killing Streets

(Punisher #93)

Johnny Tower

(Punisher: War Zone #1 through #6)

The Magnificent Seven

(Punisher: War Zone #7 through #11)

Psychoville

(Punisher: War Zone #12 through #16)

Sweet Revenge

(Punisher: War Zone # 26 through #30)

1 hour ago, Impie said:

writers and artists who couldn't write consistent tone

You should read Moon Knight then, he's been through so many incarnations and tones that almost every run portrays him differently.