Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lila Feuer

First Doom fan site(s) you ever found?

ZDoom forums and Doomworld, but I never frequented the first.

Not like I looked for Doom sites pre-2015.

2 minutes ago, seed said:

ZDoom forums and Doomworld, but I never frequented the first.

Not like I looked for Doom sites pre-2015.

Same here 😆

The earliest ones I can remember are Sir Robin's Doom Castle and Gestalt666's site. There are probably others that I've long since forgotten about :P But also maybe Paul Corfiatis' personal site and ofcourse Doomworld and Doomnation. The earliest maps I released was hosted on a Danish doomer's site, can't remember his name though... Zuljin or something. This was back in circa 1998.

Doomworld, way way back in the early 2000's. It didn't go so well. I was a fragile elementary schooler who was ever so upset to see people swearing and talking about sex on the internet, not to mention not believing in the same religion as I did. Meanwhile, the Doomworld forums in that era was mostly edgy teenagers, and felt like /b/ lite... way unlike the wholesome family-friendly forums I'd been visiting up till then.

Edited by JudgeDeadd

For me it was Doomworld, it was actually in 2008 but I only watched the site until joining in mid 2009

Back then, Counter-Strike wasn't working on my POS computer, so I was looking for another FPS that wasn't taxing. I remembered Doom and had to look for a way to play it since I couldn't use the original exe on Windows ME (part of the reason the computer was a POS). That's when I discovered Skulltag and then Doomworld by proxy, since Skulltag was hosted on there.

Doomworld or Doom Wad Station, in June 2008 when Doom Rickroller was popular. Thanks to that wad Doom began part of my lifestyle.