Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

editing other games?

I was wondering if anyone here ever does any editing for other games besides the Doom engine games, or even considers themselves to be members of other communities.

Personally, I've made various Warcraft 2 and Starcraft (single player) campaigns in the past, along with several Wolfenstein 3D levels. Unfortunately, most of these campaigns and levels have long since been lost.

More recently I've been messing around with adding new items, classes, spells and the like to Baldur's Gate 2. BTW, there's someone called "Aurican" in the BG2 community, could it be...? :)

I don't think I'll ever get the hang of editing Quake engine games, but I'm thinking of attempting to make Unreal Tournament level sometime in the future.

I did a ton of WarCraft 2 levels back in the day. I'd try some other games except that I know better than to start yet another project with like 7 or 8 unfinished ones going already.

I think I'm about done with games though, music is next.

Well, I fooled around with every incarnation of Quake engined games editors, and a litte bit of UnrealED on Deus Ex. Most of my stuff where practice rooms, no real levels, but rooms full of detail, much of those were made for Half-Life.
I preffer Hexen editing a lot more than DooM editing, but JHexen still has some lighting problems so...
As for Starcraft, I made a couple of levels just to fool around with my friends, nothing fancy. Once I started a RPG-like level of Starcraft but I lost interest in the project...

Wolfenstein 3D I spent a few years making extra maps and graphics.
Grand Prix 1 but mostly 2 I've edited for god knows how long.
Madden NFL 99 I edit in what mood I'm in.
NASCAR Racing 2 & 3 I edit all the time.
GPM 1 & 2 I don't anymore because the community died off
GPW is hard but I still edit.
That's about it.

I made dozens of Warcraft and Starcraft maps... it's very funny to make a flat map with 1 computer (10000 zergligs) and 1 human (10 invulnerable firebats) bwahahahahaha

Me, I've made tons of Warcraft II and Starcraft multiplayer levels for lanparties with friends. All of those were designed for cooperative games, barring a few exceptions. They aren't released publicly (except for one unscripted SC level), although I gave Chrozoron a copy of some WCII levels once.

I'm a bit surprised that I never tried my hand with any of the Build games, especially since I consider Blood to be one of the best games ever.

Well, I've made levels to practically everything. Right now I'm doing some counter-strike levels, which is kinda fun, except for the 8 minute RAD compile times. I also liked making Warcraft and Starcraft levels. Somehow I liked Doom editing way above anything else, but I have forced myself to lay off that now. Dunno why. It was something about doing more constructive things...

wolfenstein

Heh, believe it or not, I could never figure that editor out. No trouble with Doom, but I still don't understand wolfenstein :P

Ummm.... Heretic? I tried hexen, and alot of people here know how that goes. Wolf3d editing is boring now....

I never, ever actually have released a wad to the public. Not doom, heretic, wolf, or whatever. I have finished about three and emailed them to my friends but I've never put one on cdrom.com or anywhere else on the net.