Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amuscaria

Hell-Forged Episode I - v1.11 Released

I've had my eye on this for years and I have very fond memories of Demon Eclipse.

Glad to see this finally wrapped up!

I'll play this soon enough and let you know what I find. :)

I thought I replied to this already. I will try this out as soon as possible, because I really like that sprite work with the monsters and weapons.

21 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

Where can I download the full version of Demon Eclipse, early versions of Hell-Forged, and DEHE versions?

Demon Eclipse is on /idgames. Someone uploaded a early wip build of DEHE is on ModDB. DEHE is incomplete though and doesn't work.

On /idgames I found only 2 from 3 episodes of Demon Eclipse. Perhaps what I'm looking for is a third-party mod using the DEHE resource or an early version of HF. That's why I'm asking about all the options. If possible, I need links.

Updated to 0.9a. Fixes a lot of the bugs found in 0.9 and make some needed balance changes. The Final boss should be much more manageable now.

Updated to 0.9b. Fixed a game-breaking bug in HF1M4 that made the level unbeatable, and another bug in the same map that allowed yo uto exit too early. Comet1337 has added a slow-variant of the piercer projectile for the Mauler's Shrapnel. Weapon has been rebalanced based on that. Should have little impact on the actual damage.

Edited by Amuscaria

I'm up to HF1M6 so far. Having a great time and these maps are all solid and fun to play. Feel like the earlier maps are a little too short on ammo and require you to use melee 60% of the time, but that gets more stabilized in the latter levels.

I might've missed 0.9b because I wanted to post about not being able to exit HF1M4 other than using noclip to reach the final area.

Other than that there's a few more issues I found throughout. Here's an imgur link for the album with commentary under all the images.

I look forward to Episode 2 and the rest of what I have left to play of Episode 1 because this was definitely worth the wait :)

Thank you kindly for the testing. The HF1M4 exit bug is fixed in the B-version. I will fix the issue you've mentioned before the 0.99 beta. 

Finished the last 3 maps. I have to say the whole Castlevania-styled exploration with the keyed parts scattered throughout the map had me hooked on the spot, and those are some of the largest, most impressive maps I've ever played.

This was a treat, thank you so much for your great effort on finishing this!

Here's another link to an album with a few more small issues that I found while playing.

Awesome. Thanks again for your continued testing. :D These issues will be fixed soon.

The last teleporter you reported is ment not to count as a secret. The power-ups in the last map changes locations within the hubspokes depending which one you chose. The secret is on the power-up itself, which moves. If you chose a particular power-up, it will spawn at the teleports exit. I could tag the secret room, but then you get double-secret.

0.99 Pre-Release beta is now live. Check OP for download link. Version 1.0 release planned for August 31. Your help in testing would be greatly appreciated. :)

Just played through this recently. Some super impressive sprite work for sure. I was very impressed. The new weapons were a lot of fun to use and the new enemies were fun to fight. Very cool stuff.

My only criticism, and it's fairly minor, is that I did feel that some of the bigger structures in the later maps could have used a touch more detail - just simple big iron pillars or something to break up the long walls of stone, or something similar. (I do love big detailed maps so that's my usual response to a lot of work here.) Regardless, you've obviously been working on this for a very long time, so I'm not sure adding more detail is something you would probably want to do at this stage. :) 

I also found a bug in E1M8. If you pick up the Helmet secret in Sector 3198 before lowering the barrier next to it, (sector 2626) you will become trapped.

Keep it up!

6 hours ago, Insane_Gazebo said:

I also found a bug in E1M8. If you pick up the Helmet secret in Sector 3198 before lowering the barrier next to it, (sector 2626) you will become trapped.

Ah thank you for reporting that. I didn't even noticed I linked that Teleporter to the wrong exit. Fixed either way.

Version 1.00 released! See opening post for details.

Having trouble uploading this onto /idgames. I'm not seeing a "incoming" folder within any of the folders when logging. Some help would be appreciated. :)

2 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

*Female Templar*

*Doomguy Face*

Ha, yeah. The fact that they took the time to make a female player character is awesome though. Does GZDoom allow different status bars for different player classes in the same mod? If not, it might be best to do a more abstract representation of health, like in Heretic/Hexen (or the diminishing orb/flask of red liquid that used to be so common in RPGs).

my pc can't handle gzdoom, but this looks amazing and i look forward to watching a playtrough

1 hour ago, Not Jabba said:

Ha, yeah. The fact that they took the time to make a female player character is awesome though. Does GZDoom allow different status bars for different player classes in the same mod? If not, it might be best to do a more abstract representation of health, like in Heretic/Hexen (or the diminishing orb/flask of red liquid that used to be so common in RPGs).

Wildweasel told me a while a go that you can display different Status bar elements based on an item you have in the inventory. So I assume that means technically yes. I just got to give the class an item that tells it render a different bar.

34 minutes ago, Linguica said:

I added a local copy to the OP to download directly.

Awesome! Thanks! I just updated the file slightly, but only changed how the kick behaves. Nothing major. If you're willing to re-download the file and update on your end, it would be much appreciated. :)

A bug was reported in the game where the status bar didn't display the right keys. This is an error in the SBARINFO lump. You can fix this yourself by replacing these lines within SBARINFO, in the wad file:

drawswitchableimage keyslot 1, "nullimage", "STKEYS5", 133, 170;
    drawswitchableimage keyslot 2, "nullimage", "STKEYS3", 133, 180;
    drawswitchableimage keyslot 3, "nullimage", "STKEYS4", 133, 190;
    drawswitchableimage keyslot 4, "nullimage", "DEKEYS4", 181, 170;
    drawswitchableimage keyslot 5, "nullimage", "DEKEYS5", 181, 180;
    drawswitchableimage keyslot 6, "nullimage", "DEKEYS3", 181, 190;   

with: 

drawswitchableimage "HFRedSkull", "nullimage", "STKEYS5", 133, 170;
    drawswitchableimage "HFBlueSkull", "nullimage", "STKEYS3", 133, 180;
    drawswitchableimage "HFYellowSkull", "nullimage", "STKEYS4", 133, 190;
    drawswitchableimage "WhiteSkull", "nullimage", "DEKEYS4", 181, 170;
    drawswitchableimage "BlackSkull", "nullimage", "DEKEYS5", 181, 180;
    drawswitchableimage "GreenSkull", "nullimage", "DEKEYS3", 181, 190;   

Or simply redownload the file, as I've updated it.

I'm having a lot of fun (Played maps 1, 2, and 9), but can I ask why the Immolator is so good? I feel like the fire rate and stunlock is a bit bonkers for a slot 2 weapon, and really spoils some of the more intimate battles with the higher tier monsters featured in map 9.