Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
⇛Marnetmar⇛

Anyone know some FPSes similar to System Shock 1/Terminator Future Shock?

You probably already know about this, but the original Deus Ex might be a good pick, though it's more similar to SS2 than the first.

3 minutes ago, seed said:

You probably already know about this, but the original Deus Ex might be a good pick, though it's more similar to SS2 than the first.

Yeah Deus Ex is a damn good one, I think it was even inspired by SS2. Also, I haven't played this but its on my wishlist, I hear EYE Cybermancy is really good and kinda looks similar to the above mentioned. 

3 minutes ago, Beezle said:

I hear EYE Cybermancy is really good and kinda looks similar to the above mentioned. 

Not quite actually. It's more like the system could make a better Deus Ex but the whole thing is an eldritch abomination of a "product". I even suspect the whole plot has just been cobbled together to justify looping through the same meager and rushed content.

It's an action game first except you have super long corridors with no purpose, and an RPG second except you got to handle weird if creative design decisions and sit through absolute nonsense (and poorly translated from French at that). The whole character progression is extremely grindy, like, I don't think I ever grinded so much for XP, just so I could play differently the same map for its 900th run.

It has an odd charm to it though, and once you have a strong character it's fun to try your hand at the random missions and see how creative you can be. Because you get so many badass abilities and the weapons feel really good, even if the balance is complete bonkers. So if you can grab it for cheap, then it might obsess you for a little. But do not expect an actual Deus Ex.

This review is on point (and you got the spoiler warnings if you want to skip the part):