Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D12

Custom Monsters have no DECORATE file but ZSCRIPT

Question

Hi guys, I'm trying to make a custom wad for Doom 2 and added a few custom monsters in it.

Two of them won't show up in my DECORATE list in DoomBuilder2 they are named Overlord and Annihilator.

I searched up why they didn't appear in my decorate list and it's because they have no DECORATE file to begin with but have a ZSCRIPT file.

How do I make them appear in the decorate list then? or even add them in my maps?

6 answers to this question

Monsters downloaded from Realm667 that have ZScript will usually have a lump called OLDCODE, which is actually DECORATE.  I use that DECORATE code instead of ZScript to make my mod work in Zandronum, but it will also have the effect of making it work in DB2.  That said, Doom Builder X and GZDoom Builder Bugfix are better in many ways and still being maintained.

Nmv I fixed it lol

Wow thx for the responses though!

Edited by D12

5 hours ago, D12 said:

Nmv I fixed it lol

I had a problem with that when trying to add a Acolyte/Disciple, so I would like to know the fix you found because what I did didn't work.

Doom Builder 2 is outdated and cannot handle ZScript. Use GZDB or DBX instead.

13 hours ago, Archanhell said:

I had a problem with that when trying to add a Acolyte/Disciple, so I would like to know the fix you found because what I did didn't work.

Read what Empyre said, he explained it well.

9 hours ago, Empyre said:

Monsters downloaded from Realm667 that have ZScript will usually have a lump called OLDCODE, which is actually DECORATE.  I use that DECORATE code instead of ZScript to make my mod work in Zandronum, but it will also have the effect of making it work in DB2.  That said, Doom Builder X and GZDoom Builder Bugfix are better in many ways and still being maintained.

I did the exact same thing haha.

But now I sucessfully converted my current maps into UDMF and work with GZDoombuilder now :)

Edited by D12