Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HeyItsDuke

Anyone else hope Eternal will have a real co op mode for campaign?

By real I mean co op in the campaign, not a separate mode only like SnapMap. I've really been wanting to get a group of buddies together and play through the entire series, but unfortunately we can only do that with the classic Doom, D64 Retribution, and Doom 3 (With the Open Co op Mod.) Not Doom 2016. Which would be badass in co op. I'm hoping we'll get to do that in Eternal. But even if we don't I'll still buy it, cause it's going to be a kickass game either way.

I'm waiting for the same thing. I was even trying to find if someone tried to make a mod for that in 2016, but it was impossible apparently. It'd be a great addition for Eternal, even if it's the same campaing, but I know it's hard because there are many things to develope besides, for example, increasing the difficulty of the levels.

Best we can hope for if they havn't built it with Coop in mind is some type of Coop lite. Ever played Sonic 2?  Well the secondary players can help kill stuff but they can't progress the level.  Since we can have invasions I see no reason to why there cant be allies as well.

I want a separate COOP campaign DLC, like Youngblood for Wolfenstein. The characters could be Crash and another marine. 

4 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

I want a separate COOP campaign DLC, like Youngblood for Wolfenstein. The characters could be Crash and another marine. 

I wonder how a separated campaing would work in relation to the story. You wouldn't be controling the Doom Slayer, you'd be controlling other characters that also destroy demons, so they'd have to make an explanation to put together that possibility in the actual story.

8 hours ago, Martin-CAI said:

I wonder how a separated campaing would work in relation to the story. You wouldn't be controling the Doom Slayer, you'd be controlling other characters that also destroy demons, so they'd have to make an explanation to put together that possibility in the actual story.

Yes, exactly. It could be Crash and VEGA (or some other AI) in some kind of robot frame. Crash is more agile but has less health and VEGA is more tanky and can repair himself and hack cybernetic enemies to fight other demons. The stronger the demon, the lower the mind control duration.

Fuckin Id games are built for Co-op, what confuses me is why they usually don't do it and instead have PVP...

Like, when they remastered Doom 3 and included """"improved"""" multiplayer (lol no it wasn't, it was actually worse) but not the Xbox co-op, or when Wolfenstien 2009 had a obective based PVP mode (that was buttfuck awful)...

Just, guys, give us bloody co-op, we WANT it, it will be 1000 times better than most multiplayer additions you've done even if it was just tacked on.

10 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

Yes, exactly. It could be Crash and VEGA (or some other AI) in some kind of robot frame. Crash is more agile but has less health and VEGA is more tanky and can repair himself and hack cybernetic enemies to fight other demons. The stronger the demon, the lower the mind control duration.

Or go for a more obvious route and make everyone other than the Slayer a Night Sentinel. All players should be equal in terms of abilities, however.

1 hour ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Fuckin Id games are built for Co-op, what confuses me is why they usually don't do it and instead have PVP...

Like, when they remastered Doom 3 and included """"improved"""" multiplayer (lol no it wasn't, it was actually worse) but not the Xbox co-op, or when Wolfenstien 2009 had a obective based PVP mode (that was buttfuck awful)...

Just, guys, give us bloody co-op, we WANT it, it will be 1000 times better than most multiplayer additions you've done even if it was just tacked on.

Wasn't Doom 3's Xbox port and coop handled by a different studio?

What's funny is I remember getting the BFG Edition for Xbox 360 and while it had all the games and better performance, it had a lot of missing features that the original Xbox version had like level select, remapping the D-Pad to be able to select specific weapons, a couple multiplayer maps, and the coop mode.

For Doom Eternal, I don't see a traditional coop mode happening for the campaign and with the lack of Snapmap I'm afraid there just won't be any. I would love for there to be a coop spinoff like mentioned already.