Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catpho

Lilywhite Lilith (a limit removing project from Doomer Boards)

Interesting theme . I really like the second screen.

Geez DB makes these wads faster than i can play them :O

theme looks cool as hell. as SOSU said, these are seriously coming out faster than I can play them. such quality and variety and speed! seems a shame that these sets aren't getting more attention, as they seem consistently fantastic

Third shot contains misaligned rock, I hope this was fixed already. 

Excited to have this out, I’m inordinately proud of my contributions this time around, although the whole team really came through. Most importantly, we’ve got a lot of subtle and not-so-subtle references to Peter Gabriel-era Genesis for all the 70s prog fans out there (I know y’all exist on DW). If you’re so inclined, get ready to spot the references, which go a whole lot deeper than the title alone!

Hm, it is limit removing, but i cannot run it with Zandronum. Do  I miss something?

error goes like:

Script error, "DBP11v1.wad:GLDEFS" line 9:
Unknown tag: attenuate

Ignorant about what it all means, and truly bad at playing doom itsel, but eager to try this one out :)

Edited by grrfield

@grrfield maybe try deleting the GLDEFS lumps. Even if you delete all the ZDoom-related stuff, you should still have a fully functional limit-removing wad. (At least it works for me in EE -vanilla. But maybe try just taking out the GLDEFS first.)

Will there be a chamber of 32 doors? A tomb 3 miles underground? Apartments with 4-foot ceilings? A home by the sea?

7 hours ago, Big Ol Billy said:

@grrfield maybe try deleting the GLDEFS lumps. Even if you delete all the ZDoom-related stuff, you should still have a fully functional limit-removing wad. (At least it works for me in EE -vanilla. But maybe try just taking out the GLDEFS first.)

Thank you, I will try it

holy shit i HAVE to play this. I am the biggest Genesis fan on planet earth. I saw a topic that said lilywhite lillith, i thought "oh that's a genesis song, thats funny" and what do ya know, I'm greeted with an image of wind and wuthering! definitely will be playing this RIGHT NOW

Edited by Archie550

Has whoever thought of the Genesis theme ever considered doing a doom interpretation of "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway?" I've thought about that for a long time now and I think it could turn out really good if it was made properly.

That’s an interesting one, there’s a lot of hellish surreal imagery in the Lamb that could work as a Doomy setting. This set is more of a hodgepodge of references, but hopefully you’ll enjoy it. Warning for Gabriel-era purists, though, one map does have a Phil Collins solo career MIDI (“Easy Lover,” which is pretty hellish even for Doom ;) ).

Just finished it and I thought it was fantastic! The croquet references in Cynthia and Henry were fantastic and I loved the soundtrack. Where did you get the MIDI for Battle of Epping Forest? I've used it in my own wad but the MIDI didn't have the lead vocals. All in all I had a blast playing this and the many references scattered throughout has restored my faith in humanity. Well done!

This looks like fun. I like the level design and theme. I made a video of first level.

pretty nice wad. really liked overall theme and used textures. the only thing I didn't like was map on the boat (too much restrictions to movement)

Cool theme and aesthetic. I felt the maps were hit-or-miss. Thoughts:   

01, 02, 04, and 07: These were underachievers imo. Some serviceable stuff, but not a lot stands out in the concepts, or visuals, or combat, or progression -- either when whole maps are considered or if you take a microscope to individual areas. A lot of the makeup is spacious boxy rooms with things and monsters scattered around loosely. Granted, the design is okay; the asset scheme is strong in general and a suitable fit for the mapper's macrotecture-oriented design style. 07's big starting hall is undeniably striking in its scale, arguably the highlight vista of the set. But taking on four maps in the project's time frame might have been overambitious.

03: Cool map, standout of the opening stretch. Gimmicks abound, neat visuals. I remarked that the layout is mostly a set of areas linked linearly end-over-end, yet it still plays well by virtue of having its finger on the pulse of the experience -- showing that don't really need a traditional 'interconnected layout with height variation and other common talking points' for maps to play well, if you know what you are doing. The crusher trap with the rising column of water is pretty cheeky; nothing indicates the approach of your demise. Short map though, so hard to be upset. 

05: Decent visuals and layout, but two recurring attributes soured me on this one. The deployment of cacos and PEs in the central space at a couple points never adds anything, you just wait for them to drift over; they are timesinks. Ledge stuff. Much of the map's playtime is spent clearing out static ledge stuff. The archvile duo early is particularly egregious; if you don't rush past them upon their arrival to the SSG or RL, they are huge drains on time and not particularly dangerous. And then beyond the blue key door, there is an indefinitely campable array of snipers backed up by three archviles that rez stuff. Mostly an ammo sink.

06: Interesting concept. The revenants throughout are irritating because it can be tough to dislodge their homing rockets -- this is true even though one can easily afford to tank a couple. The early waves are prone to stragglers showing up in another wave, perhaps due to wonky teleport setups. 

08 and 09: These round out the set's top three. 08 shows how JaxoonR's maps can improve. Like that quartet, it is driven by exploration and its layout and really lets you take in the assets, but it also has fleshed-out ideas and memorable elements. 09 is a cute little boss arena map. Clever closing area. 

Also: the plasma zombies are too tanky for their own good, imo. 

played the first 3 maps so far, and about to play more. this is pretty incredible imo. I would really like a lot more monster opposition, as I think even UV is really light and generally unchallenging. but I'm loving everything else about it. the theme is no doubt one of the coolest themes I've ever seen in doom, and the visuals + the music make for a really fantastic atmosphere. can't wait to play more :D

Very cool atmosphere and music.

P. S. Just finished the last level. Definitely one of my all-time favorite wads now.

Edited by _Mud

This is my favorite installment of yours by far.

The atmosphere got me hooked on the spot, gameplay was balanced and fun and the soundtrack has to be one of the most atmospheric one I've heard in a while.

Please keep delivering these projects, I honestly can't get enough of them. :P

Gave ya'll a signal boost on my Twitter.

On 5/2/2019 at 1:17 AM, Tango said:

theme looks cool as hell. as SOSU said, these are seriously coming out faster than I can play them. such quality and variety and speed! seems a shame that these sets aren't getting more attention, as they seem consistently fantastic

Doom 2 has one of the greatest modding communities in FPSes, if not the greatest, so the quantity of quality mods and megawads isn't surprising.

Never thought I would see a Genesis themed Doom wad, especially one THIS well done. Made an account just to thank you for it. This is cool as absolute hell and your execution is incredible. I'll be telling Hackett the next time I see him! 

Bug report for MAP02: there's a Cacodemon in a monster closet separated from the rest of the map that will never wake up because they can't ever hear or see you. The Hell Knight in the monster closet next to it spawns just fine since that sector is connected to a major room, but going over the map in Sound Propogation Mode in GZDoomBuilder-bugfix, I cannot see any connected sectors for the Caco.

Also the music doesn't seem to have all the instruments come back after the loop on a Roland synth, though that seems to be inconsistent. Other than adding some events to make doubly sure the volumes are correct once the MIDI loops (since I doubt there's a GM/GS Reset event there), no idea.

On 3/13/2020 at 3:18 PM, ValeriyPipick said:

[...]

Most of the song titles can be deduced taking into account the v3 resource pack of this project and the (full) list of songs as included in said resource pack, both posted in this archived thread of Doomer Boards. Also, Slade3 may be useful to check out if the included MIDIs contain useful metadata.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xxQIoQ-x9jdhRVgCVe7zPBdz14xmf6X0

MIDI list:

Title: Harlequin | Genesis | VJ Miele
Intermission: Story | Arc The Lad II | Matze
Text: Safe Room | Resident Evil | James Flynn
Cast Call: Never Forget | Halo | Jason S.

MAP01: Amusement Park | Nier Automata | SusiKette
MAP02: Into Sandy's City | Doom II | Robert Prince
MAP03: The Musical Box | Genesis | Simon Goodwin
MAP04: Los Endos | Genesis | Andy Hyam & S. Goodwin
MAP05: Forest of Cutting Shadows | Chrono Cross | Dermot Mac Flannchaidh
MAP06: Theme of Solid Snake | Metal Gear 2 | Jay Reichard
MAP07: Time's Scar | Chrono Cross | Jaroban
MAP08: Seven Stones | Genesis | author unknown
MAP09: Malek's Bastion | Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain | Tim Wilson
MAP10: Dragon God | Chrono Cross | ENTERVIRUs01101
MAP11: Golden Hymm | Touhou Shinjutuou - Hollow Song of Birds | ShinkoNet
MAP12: Safe Room | Resident Evil | James Flynn
MAP13: Stairway to Heaven | Led Zeppelin | author unknown
MAP14: The Knife | Genesis | Simon Goodwin
MAP15: Mr. X 2 | Resident Evil 2 | Phillip Haynes
MAP16: Moonlight Nocturne | Castlevania: Symphony of the Night | Igor S. Utochkin
MAP17: Picture of a Ghost Ship | Castlevania: Dracula X | author unknown
MAP18: Another World | Chrono Cross | Akira Minaduki
MAP19: Missing Perspective | Black Stealth
MAP20: Never Forget | Halo | Jason S.
MAP21: Out of Phase | Parasite Eve | Little Chiba
MAP22: The Second Malformation of G | Resident Evil 2 | Phillip Haynes
MAP23: The Battle of Epping Forest | Genesis | Giorgio Gabriel & Jim Kleban
MAP24: Return of the Giant Hogweed | Genesis | Simon Goodwin
MAP25: Rusty Ruin Act 1 | Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn) | King Meteor
MAP26: Plastic Mind | Touhou 5: Mystic Square | Gyana Ren
MAP27: Doll of Misery | Touhou 5: Mystic Square | Gyana Ren
MAP28: Battle 2 | Arc the Lad 3 | Steven C King