Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

MAYhem 2019 - WE HAVE A PUBLIC BETA!

A quick texture pack note: I removed all of the ridiculous signs that Blood has to cut down on filesize, but if anyone wants to use a particular one it can be added back in.

SIGNZ.png

Edited by Obsidian

I would have liked participating this year , even if the current theme then gives me less inspiration than Mayhem Orange but my studies said no.

I will be free at the end of May so , maybe I will try to make a little speedmap...

Just thought I'd mention that in GZDoom 4.0.0, the flamethrower leaves a brief afterimage of the tesla coil sprite whenever it touches a wall (pic). It works fine in PrBoom+.

6 minutes ago, Vyre said:

Just thought I'd mention that in GZDoom 4.0.0, the flamethrower leaves a brief afterimage of the tesla coil sprite whenever it touches a wall (pic). It works fine in PrBoom+.

It's likely I have to make Decorate-declarations/versions for those, ouchie. Sorry about that.

might sign up as a musician, try and make three or four tunes for folks

imo I think I've attempted to contribute something to a mayhem every year since I joined teh forum but something always distracts me, maybe i can break the streak

If you're may be interested I would like to participate with custom HUD and MAYBE title-&-interpic

I would like to make a map.

I'll try to make something better than my previous year contribution.

Edit: Nah, it is not happening, maybe next year...

Edited by Danlex

I'll shouldn't be doing this since i got super busy, but i would love to contribute to this year's mayhem

Sign me up for mapping, Literally just finished the Deathwish mod for Blood. Definitely in the mood for cryptic and horiffic doom maps

Messed around yesterday with the source pack on prboom-plus 2.5.1.3 on both versions of doom builder 2, the classic one and gzdb-bugfix with the configuration file included, and i've got a problem that crashed the port on testing with gzdb. Not sure what made it crash, i'll check out this evening when I get to my pc. On classic doom builder 2 I didn't have any problems.

Also I didn't enjoyed the lack of skies over the stock ones... i'll see to add them by myself, if it's accepted... And even add a little compilation of spooky skies I can find around, I spotted already some...

We're perfectly fine with adding new skies. Honestly I did find it kind of odd that they weren't included in the original resources I used. Not quite sure what caused the crash though: see if you can find a copy of any error messages you got and we can piece together a solution from there.

Sorry for late, but i have time to send you what bugs i found out (complevel 11):

• Fireball and Lich monsters doesn't appear in game
  •  Flying Brains and mummy appears for a brief moment in game, then disappears but the game still thinks that is still in play. Spoooky! Check the spoiler below for understand what's going on:
Spoiler

tenCsXV.png wsLk8KG.png

4hKGHpY.png apba3j3.png

• Ghost and Tesla Coil give me a "I_SignalHandler: Exiting on Signal: signal 11" bug message crashing prboom

I'll see what i can make, i might not make anything so i'll try to map something and if it's nearly finished i will ask to join :)

I like the spooky stuff so i hope i get more inspired by this than for my typical maps :D

I will mess around w/ the textures and monsters. If I get something good started I'll let you know in the disc server. (rhe)

Dang, nice theme/resource pack... too bad we always do this in May when I'm busy (and even if I weren't I have other maps I need to do...) Maybe I'll find some time...

14 minutes ago, dobu gabu maru said:

Still debating on whether to add some puzzles or not...

yes

On 5/7/2019 at 2:39 AM, Walter confetti said:

Sorry for late, but i have time to send you what bugs i found out (complevel 11):

• Fireball and Lich monsters doesn't appear in game
  •  Flying Brains and mummy appears for a brief moment in game, then disappears but the game still thinks that is still in play. Spoooky! Check the spoiler below for understand what's going on:
  Reveal hidden contents

tenCsXV.png wsLk8KG.png

4hKGHpY.png apba3j3.png

• Ghost and Tesla Coil give me a "I_SignalHandler: Exiting on Signal: signal 11" bug message crashing prboom

Weird. I'll have to check on these on weekend if I can. What version of PrBoom are you using? And PrBoom+ I assume?

56 minutes ago, floatRand said:

Weird. I'll have to check on these on weekend if I can. What version of PrBoom are you using? And PrBoom+ I assume?

Yes, it's prboom-plus. What version I don't recall right now, maybe 2.1.5.3 (at least is what declares my prboom folder). I have to check it out this evening when I get to my pc...

i'd expected more time to have but vacation over... sadly.

But hey, at least I have done this sky for your needs.

DQiez8f.png

Hello there. I'm honestly not sure if I'm able to finish this in time, but here is something I've done so far. :P

LJDLxeF.png

iaRQ7hv.png

xXReMWu.png