• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LilWhiteMouse

Gunsmith Cats: Russian Roulette

http://imechanation.deepdreams.net/Stuff/gsc_rr.zip
3.75MB

Gunsmith Cats: Russian Roulette

A single player mod loosely set in the Gunsmith Cats setting with SD characters. One playable level with random elements.

REQUIRES ZDoom version Gemma.Gemma (19) to play. It's advised you let ZDoom generate it's own nodes for this level, to prevent polyobject bleeding.

Screenshots can be found on my homepage.

For those (like me) who wondered how to let zdoom generate nodes as LWM advises, here's what I found Randy to say:

"Try setting the gennodes cvar to true and loading the map, so the internal node builder will be used. If you have any polyobject areas that cannot be broken down into a single subsector, it will warn you."

I think you'd do this in the zdoom console, type

set gennodes true

or

set gennodes 1

then restart zdoom, loading the map.

LilWhiteMouse said:

REQUIRES ZDoom version Gemma.Gemma (19) to play. It's advised you let ZDoom generate it's own nodes for this level, to prevent polyobject bleeding.

What's gemma.gemma (19) and where can it be found ?

ravage said:

So where am I getting pre-release 19? And I thought 18 was the latest.

zdoom.notgod.com/lars

Biffy said:

I think you'd do this in the zdoom console, type

set gennodes true

or

set gennodes 1

then restart zdoom, loading the map.

Or you can start Zdoom like this:

zdoom +gennodes 1 (+ any other options)

or you can put:

gennodes 1

in an autoexec.cfg

As far as the mod goes, I'll DL it at work tomorrow. 3.75 mb takes up quite a bit of line time at home. :-(

I just got the test version you posted about in the zdoom forum today, but didn't have any disks at work. I was going to get it tomorrow. I assume this is the final version now?

For the Gemma.Gemma version you'll also need the new ZDOOM.WAD and FMOD.DLL files that it needs, but are not included in the 19.ZIP file. You can snag them here for convienence:

http://imechanation.deepdreams.net/19stuff.zip

Nigel: I wouldn't say final. Let's just say cleaned up to the point where I'm comfortable releasing it so I can work on something else. My sites are in desperate need of updates, and I want try and release my egypt mod.

OK, so I downloaded it at work. It took about a minute or so (I moved work, and the connection isn't quite as quick as the last place). Then I spanned it across 3 floppies.

Oh yes, you can all see what's coming, I can tell.

Not having time to check the spanned zip at work (the place was shutting down and the janitor was pacing up and down impatiently) I took it home.

TADA! I/O Error, cannot read from Disk. Bah! Floppies suck!

So, looking at my connection speed tonight (26,666 - on a 56K. 56K my arse, never! Not on this country 'phone line with electric cattle fences and other background interferences all along the 7 mile length of it to the exchange.) I'll not DL tonight, seeing as how it would tie up my computer for over 1 hour, I'll DL again tomorrow, and use different floppies. The old ones were ceremonially crunched and thrown in the bin.