Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathz0r

The /newstuff Chronicles #106

Afterglow said:

English - use it. Signature - it's stupid. I can be pissed off at anything I wish to. I don't need to do anything. What the hell is a grown ass man? It's a game; move on, dork.

Why don't you move on...ya cake trick of the year .You still hanging around the forums like you can't get laid in a whore house with a fist full of $50's muthafucka.Wait a minute! I will move on....Since my computer is more than capable of runnin' just doom,and unlike yo punk ass,I have a date with a "FEMALE" once in a while.

I said:"Uhmm, maybe because they aren't commenting on the levels?"

Hyena said: Are you blind? Do you actually see the words next to the screenshots? Did you read them? He does put specifics in there.

Errr it's kinda obvious I'm talking about the comments in this thread right? Well it doesn't seem as though anything will change so why bother...

Rellik said:

Errr it's kinda obvious I'm talking about the comments in this thread right? Well it doesn't seem as though anything will change so why bother...

Because there are a lot of people who actually do care and understand, thanks Rellik.:)

Bloodshedder said:

Oh boy, another flamewar! When will the fun ever stop?

Never I hope! The /newstuff Flamicles rock me down!

Cyb said:

Never I hope! The /newstuff Flamicles rock me down!

Well...tell that hoe to don't start nothin' and there won't be nothin' .He don't want to go to war with this black man.

Less bitchfesting, more constructive criticism. My god, you all complain more than ME. So you didn't like Deathz0r's reviews. So? Don't waste space here about it. Deal with him somewhere else. Sigh... Whatever...

mustafa saed said:

Why don't you move on...ya cake trick of the year.

What

You still hanging around the forums like you can't get laid in a whore house with a fist full of $50's muthafucka.

Thank you for that insightful analogy. The inclusion of muthafucka ensures the immaturity of this sentence.

Wait a minute! I will move on....Since my computer is more than capable of runnin' just doom,and unlike yo punk ass,I have a date with a "FEMALE" once in a while.

Also thank you for making stupid assumptions and trying to justify your existence. You fail it.

afterglow is my blood yo. dont mess around in this crib with my brothas and 'spect to walk out alive know what im sayin'

respec'

hey jules whats up with this. cant a peaceful mofo speak his mind in a calm manner. im just representin a friend thats all. i aint here to start a war or nuffin.

nigga plz ^_^

jon^c said:

hey jules whats up with this. cant a peaceful mofo speak his mind in a calm manner. im just representin a friend thats all. i aint here to start a war or nuffin.

nigga plz ^_^

I like afterglow too....that's why we both talk shit to each other.
He is a great level designer and fun to talk to.

Wait a sec, wtf is this!? What about deathz0r!!! YOU ALL HATE HIM REMEMBER?! CMON PEOPLE, STICK TO THE TOPIC!!

Dicks will be dicks. It's no different anywhere else. Deathz0r isn't worth the time to play with, so I don't play him. His writing also isn't worth the time to read, so I ignore it (although the little temper tantrum he had on page two was quite entertaining).

If you see a review by someone you don't like, download the WADs and make your own opinions. If you know that the reviewer is a goddamn moron, why would you take anything they say in the review seriously?

Sheesh...

Desmesodaratae said:

(although the little temper tantrum he had on page two was quite entertaining)

what temper tantrum?

mustafa saed said:

I like afterglow too....that's why we both talk shit to each other.
He is a great level designer and fun to talk to.

hey you aight. me and you should hang sometime dawg.

deathz0r said:

what temper tantrum?

I think he's referring to your reply to Rellik's post saying that you shouldn't review any more mods.

But your Zort 08 review was good - it certainly is a quality wad with some great scripting and ZDoom enhanced detail. Gameplay was a bit tough at first (rads only last so long, and I didn't spot the second one) and then got tougher, with the battle with the barons in the lava room and also the cyberdemon being the toughest.

I have to say that Grind 2X was really tough as well - especially if you go the wrong way at the start (ie. away from the library). And when you think about it, the detail is extremely good - some of the best architecture I've seen in a while. All in all, a pretty good wad.

Ultimate DooMer said:

I have to say that Grind 2X was really tough as well - especially if you go the wrong way at the start (ie. away from the library). And when you think about it, the detail is extremely good - some of the best architecture I've seen in a while. All in all, a pretty good wad.

The best part about it was that it had no real theme. Kinda nice to get away from the mainstream for a while eh?

It has a theme. The theme is just that it consistantly doesn't have a theme. =)

Does brown count as a theme?

Nanami said:

It has a theme. The theme is just that it consistantly doesn't have a theme. =)

I bet that if you really tried, you could write a 1337 fanfic that justified every item in the map in some coherent and logical way. First of all, you'd need to explain what is in the pipes. And why there are so many toilets.

Nanami said:

Does brown count as a theme?

Actually by theme most people mean something it can be asociated with (base, mabrle gothic crypt, castle, etc.) What contrasts in grind is the demonic and human themes, a strange clash that occurs in many doom and doom2 maps. The clash makes the maps less credible, unless this clash is somehow explained (by a story of why it is like it is or somehow by the map itself.) Nonetheless it does have a theme in a way because of the texture repetitions. It doesn't have a wide range of textures to make one think it's a random jumble of different stuff. Just a stylish theme, but I think that it can't support itself much as a theme unless backed by an explanation or by references in (or in relation to) other maps.

Well, as far as a story goes, the full episode will have a story when I release it. As for now, I'm just doing one map at a time without much explaination behind the stuff.

Ult.Doomer: sorry to tar you with the same brush -- yes, you've made much more effort to be fair. And you try to give a good reason why something sucks instead of just being a smart-ass about it.

But the new guys have done all the reviews I've seen lately.. and the kindest thing I can say about their work is "unprofessional". Yeah, Doomworld is a hobby site, but it's still *THE* major DOOM site, and that gives it a certain level of responsibility. A shrinking community doesn't need anything that further turns off the regulars, or worse yet frightens away new members who are still highly sensitive about their work. When WAD authors are afraid to upload their work during weeks when certain people are sure to review it, you need to take that as a redflag, and whoever's in charge needs to do something about it.

Rez said:

But the new guys have done all the reviews I've seen lately.. and the kindest thing I can say about their work is "unprofessional".

Newstuff #105 was actually a double header, with Hyena doing most of them (including the megawad you gave me some thoughtful comments on), and myself doing Telesky, Underworld, Yeehaw and Grind 2. (Hyena got swamped that week, so we decided to put his reviews in with mine for that week)

So this discussion is still going on.... hmmm... let's see...

Rez said:

When WAD authors are afraid to upload their work during weeks when certain people are sure to review it, you need to take that as a redflag...

No, you need to take that as a lack of maturity.