Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AJOgames

Best Retro MIDI SoundFonts

I've been wondering what were the best retro midi soundfonts, you know, ones that emulate (or at least try to) retro computers and consoles from the 70s, 80s and 90s, I have a couple of them myself, but I've been wondering if there were better alternatives or just other retro midi soundfonts in general.

Here are some of the retro soundfonts I currently have:

PC-98.sf2

AtariJAG.sf2

DoomSNES.sf2

GameBoy.sf2

N64 (I have several different soundfonts, some sound similar, some sound different compared to each other)

Atari2600.sf2

I was wondering if there were any soundfonts for retro computers and consoles that some of you might know about,

Some soundfonts that I am looking for (if they exist) are:

ZX-Spectrum/Atari ST AY chip soundfont

Sega Genesis Soundfont

PC Speaker (doubt this will ever happen)

NES soundfont

TurboGrafx-16 soundfont

Gameboy Advance Soundfont

Adlib (can't ever seem to find one that works with Slade3)

You could have used Google.  This is the first result when searching SEGA Genesis SoundFont.  This is the second result when searching PC Speaker SoundFont.  This is the first result when searching NES SoundFont.  This is the first result when searching Game Boy Advance SoundFont.  This is the first result when searching Adlib SoundFont.

You can give Patch93's SC-55 soundfont a try. I also including a link to the decompressor later in the thread.

20 hours ago, AJOgames said:

Atari2600.sf2

Now... this is something I would like to hear

On 5/11/2019 at 3:34 AM, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

You could have used Google.  This is the first result when searching SEGA Genesis SoundFont.  This is the second result when searching PC Speaker SoundFont.  This is the first result when searching NES SoundFont.  This is the first result when searching Game Boy Advance SoundFont.  This is the first result when searching Adlib SoundFont.

THanks, I probably shouldn't look into Woolyss.com too much, that site also has soundfonts available for download, hence why I used it so much, but I guess Musicalartifacts.com is a better source for these kind of things compared to Woolyss.

On 5/11/2019 at 3:23 AM, AJOgames said:

I've been wondering what were the best retro midi soundfonts, you know, ones that emulate (or at least try to) retro computers and consoles from the 70s, 80s and 90s, I have a couple of them myself, but I've been wondering if there were better alternatives or just other retro midi soundfonts in general.

Here are some of the retro soundfonts I currently have:

PC-98.sf2

AtariJAG.sf2

DoomSNES.sf2

GameBoy.sf2

N64 (I have several different soundfonts, some sound similar, some sound different compared to each other)

Atari2600.sf2

I was wondering if there were any soundfonts for retro computers and consoles that some of you might know about,

Some soundfonts that I am looking for (if they exist) are:

ZX-Spectrum/Atari ST AY chip soundfont

Sega Genesis Soundfont

PC Speaker (doubt this will ever happen)

NES soundfont

TurboGrafx-16 soundfont

Gameboy Advance Soundfont

Adlib (can't ever seem to find one that works with Slade3)

i really want to see pce soundfont or even zx spectrum soundfont