Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zark

Damn Damn Damn

I'm a fucking retard. I fucking forgot to backup my Doom dir before I reformatted my drive at the weekend... And that's like, all my maps, my projects, everything, GONE. I'm so fucking stupid and pissed off. BAH!

Do you have anything on your web site that you can salvage? Curious though... Why did you format your hard drive, anyway?

Maybe it's time to resurrect the 'Tuesday is Backup Day' that used to be on Doomworld news about a year or so ago.

Well, fuck. Don't you hate it when that happens? You will continue work on Escape from Jupiter won't you?

When I'm depressed, I take my happy pills and/or punch things.

Losing Doom in general would be devastating for me since I don't have the CDs no more.

Reminds me of what happened to my other alias ("Cosmikwraith") two years ago - I made such a fine map for my time (which would considerably suck now) and I lost it all - of course, that isn't nearly as bad as your situation - sorry to hear that man. Hope you can get the important things back...

There are some tools available on the web that may retrieve some of the data. Should be able to pull something, especially if you havent reinstalled anything huge (Like windows). This is assuming that you didnt zero-fill the drive or anything like that.

A friend of mine is currently borrowing Wolf 3D Doom, Doom II, Final doom, Quake and the Quake mission packs. There’s a big hole in my CD rack. I feel so empty...

err, don't mind me, just moaning...

Coopersville said:

When I'm depressed, I take my happy pills and/or punch things.

Losing Doom in general would be devastating for me since I don't have the CDs no more.

Nothing else to do but to go out and buy Collector's Edition if that happens.

Since my harddrive crashed a while ago, losing all my custom WADs and XMs, I made a deal with a friend. The most important files are copied on eachothers HD... And I went like crazy and bought a CD-RW... I'm not going through that hell again...!

scorpion said:
Since my harddrive crashed a while ago, losing all my custom WADs and XMs, I made a deal with a friend. The most important files are copied on eachothers HD... And I went like crazy and bought a CD-RW... I'm not going through that hell again...!

Except in those situations when a thief breaks into your home and steals your shit, including those nice shiny CDs you have lying besides it. Like, what happened to me last week.

I know how pissed you are - and i know you'll never believe this - but something like that, albiet even worse happened to me: I lost a wad i made that had a "shiny floor" effect that i could never replicate. I think the whole doom community lost a peice of their HD on that one. Have fun trying to get that too, it was probably a huge glitch. God damn, you had to remind me... :(

BTW, scorpian's avatar uses the best gif ever created

TheHighestTree said:

BTW, scorpian's avatar uses the best gif ever created

LOL, thanks ;-) If you want, I can either send or UL the original (i think it's bout 80x80 or something), I found it on KaZaA ! :-)