Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vinnie245

Nightdive Teasing Blood

1 hour ago, xvertigox said:

I haven't tried it yet but you can load Cryptic Passage through the 'Addons' menu while in-game. Presumably it'll show as an episode then?

Excellent, thanks for the help. I think I was expecting it to appear as an episode like in GDX, but addons makes sense (or expansion pack as they were called in the day).

I know that it's easier for devs to put up betas on Steam but I was wondering if there is an ETA on updating the GOG release, at all?

52 minutes ago, Average said:

I know that it's easier for devs to put up betas on Steam but I was wondering if there is an ETA on updating the GOG release, at all?

They said it will be updated at the same time as the Steam release gets the stable update. No beta branch on GOG.

Having streamed up until Episode 4 so far, I can definitely say I love Nightdive for the job they did. However, apart from the rough MP and edges in general, there's some bigger issues I noticed. Perhaps my biggest concerns so far is that some weapons don't work properly. 

- The Spray Can is useless against the Butcher Zombies (seems broken), but otherwise appears to work fine on other enemies such as Cultists, and the primary fire of the Flare Gun doesn't usually set them on fire either, unlike the secondary one. It's inconsistent, I would say it works 6/10 times.

- On rare occasions enemies who catch fire from the secondary fire of the FG don't burn to death (might happen in DOS Blood as well; I'm not sure, it's been a while), it only happens when there is some distance between the target who takes the direct hit and the others.

- The Voodoo doll seems a bit weaker, unless I'm imagining things.

- The Tommy Gun might be a bit too accurate.

- The Tesla Cannon feels strange as well (not counting the fact that it supposedly uses 4 ammo instead of 5; haven't booted up DOSBox in a while to check if it really uses 5 there), insofar as there seems to be some kind of delay when firing it, almost like input lag.

- Some of Caleb's one-liners are more quiet than they should be.

- Some people claim the explosions are nerfed, but I did not get this impression.

- Cerberus boss fight seems glitched. Most of the time he was stuck chasing his own tail. Might be a bug carried over from the original as it sometimes happens there as well.

- There's something wrong with the crushers. On many occasions they killed me while they were up and I was crouching to pass them, other times it almost looked like simply touching them while they were up killed me.

- Underwater TNT explosions don't usually make sounds when the player is standing on the surface.

- The player can sometimes clip through doors that open/close vertically if they stand on the doorways.

- The register secret in E1M1 becomes more difficult to trigger after triggering it once. Also, sound no longer plays.

- Some switches are hard to press.

- Height variation (I think) causes the timed jump in the crate room on E2M1 to become impossible if the player is not crouching.

- I've been experiencing some sound cracking noises on a few occasions, as if the sound wants to give up.

- Music on the hospital level is pretty loud.

- No sound control affects the volume of the cutscenes.

This was all on 1.8.4, I have not checked the beta 1.8.6.

Edited by seed

Luckily it sounds like all the minor issues it has can be fixed in time, and it also sounds like Nightdive is actively working to fix them.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=1010750

Spoiler

Fix video crash when switching from OpenGL to other renderers,

Fluidsynth now loads MIDI internally, resolving some instances of user crashes depending on the user's directory name,

Fix CD audio music not being present when reloading a level,

Fix MP monster settings not being respected,

Change "Show Player Weapons" to "Show Player Weapons Overhead",

Fix armour being affected by friendly fire if friendly fire was switched off,

Remove the three extra recoil SFX for Cultists,

Tesla blast projectile now renders as flat - adding custom definition entry for making it always pitch towards the viewer,

Bug fix with TNT/Spray can disappearing when exploding in hands while on the last ammo,

Removing the run glitch feature,

Fixed incorrect negative shade for candles, causing the sprite effect to appear brighter,

Removed the pre-fire animation for tesla weapon,

Removed the morphing animation for gargoyle statues,

Stone gargoyle now uses the correct recoil SFX,

Lightly Broiled is now always the default selected menu item when entering the difficulty menu,

Akimbo Napalm weapon now plays the correct firing animation as seen in DOS version 1.21 (was using the old 1.0 one),

Fix taunting when killing enemies with TNT not working,

Stop players using power ups when dead,

Disallow Quickloading if no saves are available to load,

Fix a bug that caused a crash at the start of Death Wish E2M1,

Autorun state is now saved between sessions,

Fix the FoV slider being uncapped when using the arrow keys or controller,

Key sprites now default to full shade values,

Importing updated extra voxels,

Major revision to virtual vram system and shaders. Height is now only padded for wall textures now. Fixes tiling issues with non power of 2 texture widths,

Padded textures and normal textures are now treated as separate virtual vram entries. Fixes issue with the monolith logo in the save game menu being distorted while in E3M2,

Concussion damage is now scaled against tick scale, making gibbing to occur more easily,

Changed jump height for getting out of water back to the original height. This broke E2M2,

Shade value for walls with back wall swap flag is now accounted for,

Proper shade and palette values are now inherited from sprite to voxels (they now appear correct in DWE3M1),

Texture UV mapping fixed for E1M1, E1M2, E1M3, E3M2, E1M8,

Fix a bug that would allow loading in multiplayer,

Fix issue when moving between menus if the current selected menu entry is too high or low,

Players are now always respawned with 100 health, regardless of what the level start has,

Spraycan and HellHound missiles now deal correct damage type and burn time,

Tesla weapon now fires one extra projectile at the end of its firing animation,

All TNT/Prox/Remote/dynamite explosions now play the correct sprite if not colliding with the floor first,

Fix players being able to cheat to acquire the E3M1 no-civilians-killed achievement,

Add support for private and friend lobbies,

Add missing Cerberus electrocution state,

Jumping boots now negate all pummel (includes fall) damage,

Make sure zombies are changed into dead actors on death, restores knockback force in the DOS version,

Add load screen messages when loading fails; allow loading from specific older versions. If, in this case, you want to load saves from the previous Fresh Supply version please type `developer 1` in console, load, save over your old save, then type `developer 0` in console.

Fixing timing of burn damage,

Enemies now correctly avoid water,

Fixing DWE2M1 bug with player start spawns,

Duplicate addon paths are now checked for,

Key 7 is now defined,

Remove a specific voxel on E2M2,

Scale voxels at the same ratio as sprites,

Show extra info in lobby list,

Pressing use now performs a standard hitscan operation. This resolves some issues in DWE1M9.

very good update, tho it broke my save so looks like im starting episode 2 again

36 minutes ago, kaleb. said:

very good update, tho it broke my save so looks like im starting episode 2 again

Did you read the notes? You enable developer mode and force a load or something like that.

Great update, think most of the bugs I noticed are fixed. Aww, I actually liked the smoother statue-to-gargoyle animation.

1 hour ago, holaareola said:

Great update, think most of the bugs I noticed are fixed. Aww, I actually liked the smoother statue-to-gargoyle animation.

Yeah, same, that was a pretty neat effect. It could have been left as a toggleable option.

That's a great deal of fixes. Some more important ones still remain, but it's a good step in the right direction for an already cool remaster.

Lobbing dynamites at the 2 starter zombies in E1M1 across vanilla blood.exe (DOSBox), NBlood and Fresh Supply, I notice that what might be going on in FS is that the body part gib pieces are too easily destroyed compared to the other executables, therefore making players perceive that there isn't enough gibs.

Explosions are also able to destroy the full corpses in FS - in vanilla/NBlood, corpses just slide around and can never be destroyed. Full corpses meaning, corpses from normal deaths (not gibbed).

On the other hand, I also notice that gibbing in FS spawns a fuckton more blood trails and floor blood splats - I say keep that. :P

Oh yeah the floor splats tend to spawn in mid-air and stay afloat but I'm sure y'all already sick of hearing that

EDIT: text chat mode doesn't block some game input keys; for example if you press P while chatting, game will select the Proximity Dynamites if you have them

Edited by Nash

I would love a Clear Key Bindings option in a future update, currently actions are unbinded in a tedious and unintuitive fashion (select the action, then press the assigned key to unbind).

That, and I wanted to say the Steam bug report topics have been locked and unpinned in the meantime.

E: 

Edited by seed

Haven't checked that.

However, I ran into this video which pretty much confirms some of my doubts from a previous post on this page (could have made some clips from my streams but I didn't have the time to do it):

This confirms 100% that I'm not imagining as many things as I expected, particularly the crusher bug, those are definitely broken currently. I was also starting to have suspicions that Caleb is shorter, and that's now confirmed as well. I didn't know about that weird glitch you experience when standing on fences though.

Additionally, there are reports claiming that it's still possible to reach the key on E2M1 without raising the water level first.

Did you guys have issues with the power up Reflective Shots? Someone says there's no visual/sound feedback when you reflect a shot, and the Tommy gun/zombies go through.

4 minutes ago, Kira said:

Did you guys have issues with the power up Reflective Shots? Someone says there's no visual/sound feedback when you reflect a shot, and the Tommy gun/zombies go through.

Sound or visual effect no, but now that you mention it, I might have experienced shots going through back in 1.8.4, will have to double-check to be sure.

Nevermind, I was accessing Cryptic Passage through the user maps. Once I went into the options menu, went to manage addons and launched it from there it seems to be working without all the graphical glitches. So far. 

Edit: Well, it still seems to be pretty hit or miss whether or not a flare will start a TNT barrel on fire. But at least the graphical glitches seem to be gone. I am very surprised at the number of glitches in this game. Surprised at Nightdive quite frankly. I didn't think this was an "early access" or "beta" game, and for a full product it's very glitchy. Things that you would notice the instant you start playing. They aren't obscure bugs in any respect. 

Edited by Jello

4 minutes ago, seed said:

Sound or visual effect no

To be more detailed and translate the relevant bit: "besides the enemy screaming, there's no shot sound, blood or any other sign that it's taking damage".

Well, it still seems to be pretty hit or miss whether or not a flare will start a TNT barrel on fire.

This isn't exclusive to FS, Blood itself is a pretty buggy ass game

3 hours ago, Marcaek said:

This isn't exclusive to FS, Blood itself is a pretty buggy ass game

It is, but in the almost 20 years I've been playing Blood I've never had a TNT barrel not catch on fire after shooting it with a flare. They were going right through some of them after repeated shots from different angles. Some caught on fire instantly. The ones that didn't catch fire with the flare gun blew up after shooting them with the shotgun, thompson, or throwing dynamite at them. Seems like a bug particular to FS.

Maybe it has to do with the voxels. I've never really played Blood with voxels to any extent, I've generally only played with sprites before. Not sure why that would make a difference, but I'm certainly not an expert.

It is not a bug particular to FS. There are a few susceptible to this bug throughout Blood, but I am not sure what the cause is. I'll try to catch an instance next time I play it.

15 hours ago, Jello said:

It is, but in the almost 20 years I've been playing Blood I've never had a TNT barrel not catch on fire after shooting it with a flare. They were going right through some of them after repeated shots from different angles. Some caught on fire instantly. The ones that didn't catch fire with the flare gun blew up after shooting them with the shotgun, thompson, or throwing dynamite at them. Seems like a bug particular to FS.

Maybe it has to do with the voxels. I've never really played Blood with voxels to any extent, I've generally only played with sprites before. Not sure why that would make a difference, but I'm certainly not an expert.

I don't think barrels have voxels though.

Either way, them not blowing up from flares is definitely a vanilla bug, there's not many, but there are indeed some that won't catch fire from the flare gun on occasion, seems to be random.

Edited by seed

Blood's flaregun is one of the buggiest and weirdest behaving guns ever. Am sure NightDive had sessions to discuss if all those bugs are worth porting over.. since this is a remaster and not a source port.

There are also barrels that just plain ignore the flare gun, while others completely ignore hitscan weapons, as I have noticed today, particularly in Cryptic Passage.

E: Also, speaking of fire, although the Spray Can now deals the right amount of damage (or so it seems), it still isn't behaving properly. Fire doesn't go through all the enemies it reaches, setting all of them on fire in the process. You have to burn each enemy individually. The behavior of the Voodoo Doll is still inconsistent as well, sometimes it damages the player even though the target is literally sitting in front of them, while other times it doesn't work at all.

Here's a few instances. + The Tommy Gun's aiming seems to be off underwater sometimes, shots seem to go above or under the crosshair. The Flare Gun not burning enemies at all, and more. @Edward850 you might be interested in checking these out + my list above. The switch bug can occur on other maps as well, same for the crushers, these are just examples:

Spoiler

E2: There are also instances when the player can pick up armors but they already have plenty left (such as Fire Armor when its percentage is over 100 or so, and the value doesn't change).

Caleb sometimes plays the same one-liner twice, first noticed this on the Tesla Cultists in Plasma Pak after burning them with flares.

Edited by seed : Mentioned some bugs + added clips.

So I might have discovered something else today. The quiet one-liners glitch might be related to the Velocity feature listed under sound.

It seems to affect the volume level of the quotes as well, with it turned off their volume seems to be more or less correct. Still, it didn't get me rid off the occasional cracking noise (which doesn't seem to have real consequences, like sound skipping or outright pauses/stops), but I'm considering the possibility that it might be something on my end, despite being the only game where I experience something like this. That option doesn't save either, I have to turn it back off every time I start the game.