Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

The Slaughter Spectrum - RC1 Release

Congratulations on the release and pray to god, that I don't find any bugs. Ah well, I probably won't, because I can barely finish Map01. Gorgeous stuff so far, gotta cheat my way through the rest asap.

I watched you making a few of these maps, and they are impressive and show just how talented you are.

EDIT: I see my previous comment was poorly worded and taken the wrong way, so I've removed it.

Edited by Phade102

Congrats on the release! The thing lags like hell on my comp tho. It's most likely just my end badly needing a replacement, but if anyone has any tips on raising the fps it will be appreciated! Gotta try at least :P

Grats on the release Bridge! I'll be sure to check 'em out some time. :)

@Catpho - Lower your resolution, play fullscreen, try disabling as many extra features as you can such as bloom, shadowmps etc. Dynamic lights if you're that desperate, but these maps do heavily rely on them. :p

It's about fucking time man! Thanks for the shout. Hope all is bug free and I am still here to do everything I can to increase those precious frames!! CONGRATZ!!!

That is some gooooood shit you got there. Talking from a visual perspective, because I doubt I could run this at full speed on my computer.

However, try to use a different image hoster (like imgur) because half of your screenshots are already down.

EDIT: posting from my PC, all images can be seen, not sure what happened on mobile.

Edited by Gothic

44 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

I watched you making a few of these maps, and they are impressive and show just how talented you are. Its a pity your skills weren't appreciated by the right type of people, but these maps will definitely make an impact here.

This is a very ignorant comment and is trying to drum up drama for no reason. Anyway, I don't typically play single-player stuff, but I tested these maps when they were part of Refracted Reality. Visually striking, they were reminiscent of Gothic99, with borderline unplayable frame-rates and extremely boring game play (set piece after set piece battles), to the point where I don't think I'd ever be able to get through these in a single life and they have been majorly toned down from older versions.

Some very interesting mechanics have been demonstrated here, from a structural and aesthetic stand point these maps are great but too often the game play leaves something to be desired IMHO. Nevertheless, good job on the maps and congrats on finishing.

1 hour ago, Phade102 said:

Its a pity your skills weren't appreciated by the right type of people

Wrong assumption. Don't say things that you don't know. His maps are visually awesome and fun to play. As Decay said, people with low PC specs, myself included when I tested them, can take a massive toll. So, I totally recommend playing his maps regardless of those technical issues...they will make you sweat for sure.

Effing congrats on the release!

Pleasure to be a tester and provide as much help as needed (even if I made the mistake of using a year-old version of GZD first, but you know me, I'm dumb :p). This is honestly very good shit in every existing sense, one if not the main reason I personally decided to open up to GZDoom specific stuff. Highly recommended. This man knows what he does. 

1 hour ago, Phade102 said:

Its a pity your skills weren't appreciated by the right type of people

Phade you are better than that, we had to exclude them for performance reasons, cos half of the testers, kyle, leo, others and meg herself could not or had dufficultues running them, which isn't that nice.

I feel Like that is enough RR discussion. Phade, try not not make any assumptions and lets leave some room for feedback on the actual WAD this topic is about.

Congratulations on the release!!

I did not expect to be able to try these maps so soon. Judging by the screenshots, this mapset will be one of the key this year. I hope to get acquainted with the project in the near future.

Thank you for the shout, I'm so very proud of you!! These maps definitely deserve to see the light of day, so I'm quite glad you've been able to do this. Thank you for these maps, they are amazing <3

Woa there. I'm definitely going to check them out soon enough. My framerate is anxiously waiting to get tanked xd.

4 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

As you may or may not have heard my maps for Refracted Reality are no longer wanted in the project

That sounds pretty depressing though.

I haven't played any Doom for a bit and wasn't planning to for a while, but I'll make the time for this asap!

Congrats on the release! Your impact on the popularity of the curve tool has been immeasurable, so it's awesome to finally have some fully released maps from the OG curve-boi himself!

GZ on the release! This looks spectacular! Even though i typically don't play slaughter style maps, i may just have to give this a go.

I played the first level, ran out of ammo before killing the Archvile but managed to trick him and got the SSG before getting burned then killed him, then reached the Rocket Launcher section and the level started throwing lots of monsters at me, it was scary and I died.

I like the visuals tho, there's a noticeable FPS drop (on GTX1060TI at least) but not to the point of being unplayable. I may give it another shot next time. GG.

Apologies to all who thought my comment was an attack on RR or anything in general. It was a poor choice of words on my part and that is the last I will say on it.

Looks flipping awesome! 

I'm new to this scene (believe it or not, just really getting into Doom 25 yrs late!) and never played a slaughter map. Is this gonna be impossible for me?

Congrats on the release mate! Glad to have been able to playtest (some of) these maps.

Still gotta put my hands on Void Noir and POTBS so I'll definitely make sure to try them out.

Time to get my ass handed to me :BillyReady:

Screenshot_Doom_20190515_213435.png.8d808ca681ba72114483c4eba836d558.pngEnjoying the level pack so far! I was hopeful that my GTX 1050 Ti could handle Bridge's Slaughter Spectrum and while I am able to play it, I do get unsteady 25 FPS that slips beneath every now and then. Nevertheless, it's been a journey seeing Bridge post his screenshots and finally being able to experience some of his creations! Keep up the good work! 

Edited by SamuelNMEvander : grammar corrections?

Skill levels have been implemented for sure. The first map for example features over 1k monsters on UV, whereas on HMP approximately 750 and even less on HNTR. Careful balance around items and health too. We are still testing them though I'm sure Bridge did a good job already (the first map being an example). 

Also that M_DOOM is awesome!