Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
22_deathgrip

Request Megawad suggestions.

Hi. Recently replayed Doom 1 and 2, which I hadn't done for about 10 years. 

I'm working my way through TNT Evilution now, Plutonia is next.

I'd like to burn through all the good Megawads that have accumulated over the years, that are TNT or Plutonia or above in quality. 

I'm not so much against individual maps, but unless there is a mod to string individual maps together its not the way I would prefer to play one large bunch of maps in a session. 

Thanks in advance. 

6 minutes ago, 22_deathgrip said:

I am thinking to use that as a list, but just wanted to know if there are titles on that list that are actually shit or don't work with GZDoom.

GiwG9CV.png

1 hour ago, xvertigox said:

Check out the Cacowards and the 25 Years of Doom feature.

9 hours ago, 22_deathgrip said:

I am thinking to use that as a list, but just wanted to know if there are titles on that list that are actually shit or don't work with GZDoom

I think every megawad there will work great on gzdoom, I didn't play all of the list, but the bad ones to avoid are Doom Jr, Big Crappy Shit Megawad (but it's a bad levels mapset on purpose) and Congestion 64. Is cool just for the novelty of having a series of doom maps constricted in 64×64 map units...

I recall have played Arcade long time ago and it didn't gave me a good impression at all, over to have a nice midi used in the soundtrack.

Also, if you are looking for new good megawads, there's 1000 lines community project and Doom 404 for vanilla gameplay and all of these for more sophisticated ports than vanilla doom2.exe

https://www.doomworld.com/files/category/138-megawads/?sortby=file_rating&sortdirection=desc

Edited by Walter confetti

1 hour ago, 22_deathgrip said:

are those mega wads or individual maps?

Largely megawads.

The Doomworld Megawad Club also has nearly seven years of history for you to troll through, with a megawad (or group of episodes) every month.  This month's thread is here.  And as previously mentioned, there's the Cacowards and the 25 Years of Doom features.