Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Abstract Doom art as Rorschach test. My interpretations: 

#1 = ... very NSFW stuff. 

#2 = "Halt, you may not pass."

#3 = Pikachu sitting on his throne. 

I downloaded Hurt not long ago and kind of forgot about it til last night so I fired it up. I had also just updated my GZDoom prior.

I forgot what the screenshots looked like but playing it I was like wow this is really cool with this light green/blue pastel lighting theme/palette that's going on so I took screenshots.

I thought something was a bit off and now know its not meant to look like this at all and trying any wad/iwad has the same weird colour palette thing which im yet to fix. 

But man still looks awesome in hurt!

Screenshot_Doom_20190518_004037.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190518_004736.png

6 hours ago, elend said:

@Night Avenger Haha nice. But why is it so blue? Additional mods?

I'm still yet to solve the issue! I played through like half an hour of Hurt already and don't want to start over, think I might just finish it like it is before I fix it haha

12 hours ago, Revenant100 said:

I received the physical jewel case release of this one Russian game, and the cover struck me as being strikingly familiar for some reason. However, I just couldn't quite put my finger on it.

jpdxg0R.jpg

And then the answer hit me like a wrecking ball: the orange gradient in the title is exactly the same as the one used on the cover of Curse of the Catacombs!

And, of course, Curse of the Catacombs was developed by Softdisk based on the initial Catacomb 3-D originally developed by id Software, the latter of which went on to develop Doom, which is why I chose to post this Catacomb series-related trivia in this thread.

I found another connection! See, it looks like for the illustration, they cheapened out and copied the minotaur from the D&D 3.5th edition Monster Manual, as you can see by comparing it with the one here on the official art gallery for the book on the publisher's website. Now this of course should remind everyone of how the beloved Cacodemon was also famously taken from a D&D manual illustration. So yeah, that's two ways in which this CD jacket can remind people of Doom. Perhaps there's even a third?

16 hours ago, Revenant100 said:

I received the physical jewel case release of this one Russian game, and the cover struck me as being strikingly familiar for some reason. However, I just couldn't quite put my finger on it.

jpdxg0R.jpg

And then the answer hit me like a wrecking ball: the orange gradient in the title is exactly the same as the one used on the cover of Curse of the Catacombs!

And, of course, Curse of the Catacombs was developed by Softdisk based on the initial Catacomb 3-D originally developed by id Software, the latter of which went on to develop Doom, which is why I chose to post this Catacomb series-related trivia in this thread.

Didn't expect to find Theseus - Return of the Hero here, haven't played it in so long!

That is quite a result for 1 hours. In 1 hours I barely managed to open builder and create a four sided room. :O Good stuff, man.

made these today. really wanted to do something with arches. the rest is based off blood and a dream i had.

(and yes i have likea thousand different maps bc i cant commit to any one but this oneseemskindacoolok)

actually kinda happy with how it turned out, not like basemap_01 or tuinnelara(two other maps of mine)

https://imgur.com/a/lmwTXfv

Another nice weekend working on a map...

I used to be more present on Doomworld, but then... started living with my gf, writing books and stuff... but I still miss good old time here with you mappers.

I hope to come back soon with some new map.

Screenshot_Doom_20190519_181349.png

On 5/18/2019 at 4:27 AM, Zanieon said:

acAtQaV.jpg

Damn how did you do that ?

vpUXxMc.png

Messing around with hellish version of former human monsters, i had the idea to make mutant zombieman with a arachnatron head over it. Don't ask.

21 hours ago, elend said:

That is quite a result for 1 hours. In 1 hours I barely managed to open builder and create a four sided room. :O Good stuff, man.

Thanks elend, pretty much only the first  shot is the 1hr result, rest was just texture/detail work. I bet the four sided room will look way better than mine anyway.

@Lorenz0 Man i love the third shott. Awesome stuff, keep it up!

42 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

vpUXxMc.png

Messing around with hellish version of former human monsters, i had the idea to make mutant zombieman with a arachnatron head over it. Don't ask.

I will ask anyway :p Have you been inspired by those half-life zombies or not?They  kinda reminds me them